How Reliable Is Gp2Xstore.com?

Jengo

Website
Visit site
I Read on DCEmu forums that gp2xstore.com was unreliable, is this true?

I ordered my 2nd caanoo through GP2Xstore.com on ebay, i still havent gotten a reply from them, how reliable are they? Should I be Worried?

Thanks!

I ordered my white Caanoo through their website on October 7th and had it in my hands on the 9th. Before I ordered I was concerned about what "in stock" meant... because some stores in the U.S. ship "in stock" items directly from Asia., so I emailed them about this. They replied within a couple of hours and specifically told me the city in California where they would be shipping from.

I also had accurate USPS Priority Mail tracking info within hours of completing my order. It updated several times during the two days it took my item to travel from California to Pennsylvania. So, basically, my experience was absolutely perfect.

The main reason I ordered through them was due to their mention of GP2X devices' 12 month warranty. I could be wrong, but I assume that this means that they will actually honor the warranty themselves and I won't have to ship the item to Korea if anything goes wrong. No other stores seem to suggest this at all.

ozzuneoj said:
I ordered my white Caanoo through their website on October 7th and had it in my hands on the 9th. Before I ordered I was concerned about what "in stock" meant... because some stores in the U.S. ship "in stock" items directly from Asia., so I emailed them about this. They replied within a couple of hours and specifically told me the city in California where they would be shipping from.

I also had accurate USPS Priority Mail tracking info within hours of completing my order. It updated several times during the two days it took my item to travel from California to Pennsylvania. So, basically, my experience was absolutely perfect.

The main reason I ordered through them was due to their mention of GP2X devices' 12 month warranty. I could be wrong, but I assume that this means that they will actually honor the warranty themselves and I won't have to ship the item to Korea if anything goes wrong. No other stores seem to suggest this at all.

I used them to purchase my WIZ and the service was great....BUT my WIZ died and a sent it back about a month ago and haven't heard from them again. I emailed them and opened a ticket last night and still haven't heard back. So I'm kind of on the fence now

Last edited by a moderator:
i ordered from them, got it in less than a week, CA -> KY fast, cheap, very happy with the actual purchase and shipping quality of product.

The actual caanoo I got blew a speaker shortly after getting it, not a HUGE deal, might return it someday, but for now it's ok.

Here`s where I bought mine, I live in the uk and even though you can get them from www.gameseek.co.uk
I thought this deal was well worth it - service was great :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAANOO-WIZ-2-GP2X-Linux-Handheld-Game-Emulator-Console-/120631298834?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item1c162f8b12

BTW: I just put my Screen protector on few I thought I was goner mess it up lol,
You get 2x in a pack with a cloth and card...

nutts out ;)

im a bit more relieved, they said that my unit will ship out today! Awesome! On to buy my 32gb SD Card! :)

Hopefully i will see this Caanoo sometime next week, thanks for your feedback guys!

Orion4874 said:
I've ordered a few things from them, my Wiz included, and never had a problem. They're just lousy at returning e-mails.
I take back what I said I just got an email stating my WIZ will be shipped today!

qbertaddict said:
Orion4874 said:
I've ordered a few things from them, my Wiz included, and never had a problem. They're just lousy at returning e-mails.
I take back what I said I just got an email stating my WIZ will be shipped today!

Thats awesome dude, glad it worked out!! :)

I just got mine via ebay (GP2X Store).. Although there wasn't much communication, not much was needed. I got mine in less than a week.

qbertaddict said:
Orion4874 said:
There must be someone back behind the wheel there. I sent them numerous e-mails asking when they would start Caanoo preorders or when they'd be in stock. Not a peep from them, but like I said, all the orders i've placed have gone perfectly smooth.

I've order from them a few times in the past(Wiz, Treamcast, misc), and have always gotten great service. I'm in Nevada, and most of my orders arrived next day with standard shipping from them in California.

I did order a Madcatz fight pad from them when it was a hot ticket item, and they never got their initial shippment, so that was a slight pain, but I got a refund with no problems. Normally if an item shows"in stock", you are good to go. Very good outfit overall.

Chris

Jengo said:
qbertaddict said:
Orion4874 said:

Thats awesome dude, glad it worked out!! :)
Well I was happy but I got my WIZ back and turn it on it looks great until I switch to a white screen. There is a burned in image of a bear of some sorts on the screen. So it appears that they took a screen from a dead wiz without checking it and placed it in mine and just tested to see if it turned on. I am a little annoyed right now.

Here you go. I will try to get better pics when I get home.
8KJqbE

WTF A BEAR!!

Back