How Many Of You Using Updated Firmware?

Prefab

Still Fresh
:blink:

The version on mine is 2005-11-13 - I'm assuming that's version 1.0?

Is anyone finding the newer firmware to be much of an improvement, or might be be smarter to wait a few versions?

I successfully updated mine with the .img and it didn't change anything on the info menu so I don't think you can tell. Whenever you change between menus there will be a black screen as they change, if you see a white line on the edge of the screen it hasn't been updated.

Speaking of which, has anyone successfully updated the firmware and tried Frodo? For me the colour palette is messed up but I'm not sure if the firmware update caused it having not tried Frodo before the update.

Here's a crappy picture of the problem.

I've just updated using the procedure described by Prodo in the following thread:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=22157

Ghosting lines has disappeared, and more important the screen is no more divided in two halves with different contrast (a fault I feared was a HW one) now my screen is fully black :D

I'm very happy and looking forward for the FW update by GPH !

If only I could get the USB to work....(waiting for new FW B) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the problem with Frodo after the update is:

Snaff optimized the colors for the gp2x which had a too bright screen.

Now that the firmware update fixed this, all Frodo colors are way too dark.

Don't worry, I'm sure snaff will fix this when he / we all have the new firmware installed :)

I successfully updated mine with the .img and it didn't change anything on the info menu so I don't think you can tell. Whenever you change between menus there will be a black screen as they change, if you see a white line on the edge of the screen it hasn't been updated.

Speaking of which, has anyone successfully updated the firmware and tried Frodo? For me the colour palette is messed up but I'm not sure if the firmware update caused it having not tried Frodo before the update.

Here's a crappy picture of the problem.

be sure to use the latest version of frodo! The 1st edition had wierd colors for me too. With the new firmware update the colours might be too dark again....

O scheisse, I saw that Evildragon already posted something to this effect, ah well....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back