How do I uncompress an SMC file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fash_FD

Still Fresh
Ok, a friend of my sent me a few smc files on a cd. These had various emulators and things on. How do I decompress them or decompile or whatever to extract all the files off of it ?
It's no use in my GP32 at the moment, and theres no point playing the contents on geepee32.....
Come on, someone giz a hand :D

Hi,

When you say SMC files, Do you mean files with an SMC extension, ie "ABC123.SMC". If so, AFAIK these are not compressed files, They are Snes emulator Rom file.
You just copy them into your GP32:GPMM/SNES folder to play the through a Snes emulator.

I maybe wrong :unsure:, But if you could give a little more detail i could possibly help. :)

Regards

Trooper

I guess you mean .SMC, as in "Smart Card" files? :)

Cos I would like to know too!

Yeah - so would I. I was sent a few files like this from someone - basically ready made SMCs to run on GeePee32 apparently. I want to run them on my GP32 now, but cant work out how to extract the files. I know there's a program for making these 'images', but is there a program for extracting them?

Hi,

Had a quick search, And found something just over half way down the page.

darkfader.net

Its in the file format conversion table,

SMC(+id)----GXE+GXC+GPM----DevUtil + GPS2----extract files, extract SMC ID.

The link to the files are in green.

This maybe useful, No idea how to use it though. :unsure:

Regards

Trooper

The GP32 is protected by encryption which means the games won't run on the GP32 even if you uncompressed them. Just like someone elses freelaucnher won't work on your gp32.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Got that GPS2 utility - can get info ID info from my GP32 - but I presume you need the ID info from the SMC card in question to get it to work?

Anyone got any ideas on how to extract that info from the SMC file? Or even you may need to somehow "patch" the file?

i think hes wanting to play the actuall gp32 games
hes got the smc images of them but carnt play them.
so he wants to extract the files from it on put to a smc card in gp32 and play the games.
they are encrypted
but there is a way.
im not telling, i know how to do it ,
its just a case of getting the id from the smc file,
and using your head.
theres info knocking about.

daffyduck posted on May 11 2003 said:
i think hes wanting to play the actuall gp32 games
hes got the smc images of them but carnt play them.
so he wants to extract the files from it on put to a smc card in gp32 and play the games.
they are encrypted
but there is a way.
im not telling, i know how to do it ,
its just a case of getting the id from the smc file,
and using your head.
theres info knocking about.
Sssshhhh, Don`t say anything :) .

We don`t want things like this happening around here (or anywhere else for that matter).

As was/has been said in previous posts, The games are so cheap to buy, From joygp etc, That there is no excuse to pirate them :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
ive no intention of telling anyone on this board,
they can work it out for them selfs as i did.
i dont condone piracy.
i just wanted to test the games and see what they were like
before i made a purchase of any game.
information is knocking about and so are the actuall games.
i only purchased the gp32 for one thing
"EMULATION".

Hmmm - the ones I had were emulators with a few Roms each all set up and ready to run...

I think that if people are getting copied commercial games this way then it's not right that this board be used to promote it, especially as the games from entware are so damn CHEAP!

C'mon people! Gamepark and enware need all the help they can get! We don't want this one going under!

We want to stamp out the problem of people like that git ignorante distributing games that are the lifeblood of the small companies that keep the GP32 going. We'll never totally manage it, but if people have got any scruples at all, they won't encourage it...

The games are CHEAP! Lets keep it that way :D

Topic locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back