How Do I Delet Copy Right Stuff?

saintdragon

Website
Visit site
hey, how would i delete "write protected stuff? i d/led something called zango bi-accident, and when i un-installed it it left a folder, with a client.dll, i know it had left it because it had on the folder "Zango", i think its spyware or somesort, so i would like to know how to delete it please, when ever i try and drag it into the bin it says"cannot delete "zango" access is denied" and if it says some underneth it says "make sure that the disk is not full or copy-protected"

this has happened to me before, though all i had done before is re-named the file, and that usually done it, in this case i have re-named both file and folder, but it wont budge :(...

help please?

-thanks

I'm sure you mean write-protected and not copy-protected (or copyright). You can open your task manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del in WinXP) and close any processes that shouldn't be running. Also, you should probably get Spybot: Search and Destroy as well as AdAware. Search google for them, they're useful.

But really, don't install spyware. LOL.

thanks allot all, i didnt d/l by purpose, and im not entirely sure its spyware, but its not deleting or nudging when i try and delete them, it made me suspicious, i mean i d/l the file from newgrounds, i should be able to trust it... guess not...

also i already have spybot search and destroy, but thanks for trying to help, also demonstar55 il check that out.

-thanks all

saintdragon posted on Aug 31 2005 at 11:00 PM said:
thanks allot all, i didnt d/l by purpose, and im not entirely sure its spyware, but its not deleting or nudging when i try and delete them, it made me suspicious, i mean i d/l the file from newgrounds, i should be able to trust it... guess not...

also i already have spybot search and destroy, but thanks for trying to help, also demonstar55 il check that out.

-thanks all
no, programs do this all the time even legit programs

EDIT: but this time it was spyware http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pe...px?id=453094343 , and I don't trust newgrounds too much, I would NEVER download anything from them

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks all again :) when i reseted my computer and i just chucked it in the bin, it DONE it! like magic il say :p also the reason why i though it was spyware is that it make my computer take longer to boot up, so it was either spyware or nortan, hold on, there both spyware, nvm :p

EDIT* yes vimac thats exactly what zango was! hmm not spyware after all ;) but im not going to stand letting my pc take long to boot, iv no tolerance nether the patience of a peice of crap :p :D

EDIT2* the link you gave me in your first post demon says that acess is dnied and something about a violation, its on the site, but just says that...

I hate these kind of files. A trial copy of Roxio easy CD creator conflicts with PC's which have recently been updated to SP2. Even after it has been completely errdicated from the registry it still brings up an 'installing roxio etc' window whenever you try to move a file or rename one. Not my PC so I just recommended an XP reinstall seeing as it was practically new anyway but it would piss me off if it were mine.

Just recently I had the installer for itunes (downloaded from the net) permanently stuck on my desktop, I found iolo system mechanic (heavenly program www.iolo.com, use the registry to reset the 30 day trial ;) ) could remove it using it's built in incinerator.

Back