Sales How did paypal users send payment?

quadomatic

DingooWiki Admin
Website
www.opendingoo.com
I'm trying to work out a way to send payment still after my PayPal order didn't go through.

I thought money orders would be a viable option, but does anyone know of one that can be purchased in the USA and deposited easily in the UK? Wire transfers are so expensive at my bank ($50!!!!).

Shikaku said:
For a few bucks, you can send a money order.

http://www.usps.com/money/sendingmoney/ ... onally.htm

Says $3.85.

You should contact them as said here though, to get the location/address, and more detailed instructions. That would be the cheapest option.

Those money orders aren't accepted in the UK, or at least they're not listed on that page.

You are wasting your time
As of now, they STILL aren't accepting Credit/Debit...

Check out a few of the threads I have posted in for the full ordeal

Really starting to piss me off now...
E-mailed Jaquelyn, still hasn't responded

xGunCrazyx said:
If you'd follow along on the active forums, you'd know why. Read here for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup...bank issues. I just read that. Hopefully they'll be able to switch banks over very soon.

Have they already refunded old orders?

I think I'll still just go with Debit though. Seems like it makes a lot more sense than a Bank Transfer (since it would cost me $50!), and a LOT more sense than money orders since I can't find one that would work.

Chip said:
xGunCrazyx said:
If you'd follow along on the active forums, you'd know why. Read here for details.

Well you would think with an entire second forum that is still rather active,
they would also post these things for use too...

xGunCrazyx said:

No. Why would you look on the Pandora forums for Pandora news?

erm

beanoman said:
xGunCrazyx said:

No. Why would you look on the Pandora forums for Pandora news?

erm

I'm wondering that these days...
Everybody gets angry when I ask questions and then the answer is on gp32x.de
Is it like an unsaid requirement to be a member there too? lol

Curious as to why they didn't shut down these forums if that's the general attitude of the forum xP

These forums are not "rather active". There are rarely more than a dozen active users here, compared to 100-200 on GP32X at any given time. Hardly anybody who is actually involved in the project still uses these forums. I'm going to see what I can do to get them closed to new posts and have an announcement posted to go to the GP32X forums for current news.

Chip said:
These forums are not "rather active". There are rarely more than a dozen active users here, compared to 100-200 on GP32X at any given time. Hardly anybody who is actually involved in the project still uses these forums. I'm going to see what I can do to get them closed to new posts and have an announcement posted to go to the GP32X forums for current news.
Special care should be taken of the SGX RE thread, it should be copied over to gp32x, if this forum gets locked. Maciek is a visionary who can possibly shift the 3D capabilities of the Pandora to a new level. ImgTech linux drivers aren't known for high quality and aren't even open.

Having a forum hosted on the same domain as the main page locked and people being referred to a very confusing forums with dozens of boards does not instill a lot of confidence in the project.

Confidence in the project is irrelevant. As soon as GP32X opened back up, everybody went there. All you've got here is one legitimately interesting dev thread and a couple dozen new users who don't realize they're living in a graveyard. I know this board may be set up a bit better than GP32X, and it's nice to have it hosted under the Openpandora.org domain, but a dead forum is a dead forum. You're not doing anybody any favors by continuing to let them think this is where the action is at.

As time goes on, fewer and fewer people are willing to check two forums every day. We can't force everybody to come here. We can force the few people here to go there by locking this board.

I'd join gp32x.de if it's layout wasn't so terrible
I have a very hard time finding anything there, while over here it's quite easy

Anyways, once this forum does close down, I won't have a choice :(

As of now though, it's still open, and should still get news as well

xGunCrazyx said:
I'd join gp32x.de if it's layout wasn't so terrible
I have a very hard time finding anything there, while over here it's quite easy

Anyways, once this forum does close down, I won't have a choice :(

As of now though, it's still open, and should still get news as well
Yep, the structure is rubbish.

I lurk at the GP32X forum, but since they banned hotmail, I am unable to join and I am not creating a different email account just so I can sign up to a single forum. Even if that wasn't the issue, I won't be talking much anyways.

gp32xRe: How did paypal users send payment?

fischju said:
Having a forum hosted on the same domain as the main page locked and people being referred to a very confusing forums with dozens of boards does not instill a lot of confidence in the project.

actually, the link from the pandora homepage leads to the pandora subsection on gp32x, showing only 3 (currently 4) boards. I don't find it expecially confusing, and it is good not to split the community

Back