Hotfix 6: unmounting issue

Stradian

pretty much the topic. Can not unmount from the gui unless root. Help.

Sorry to bring this up from the dead, but to add on what goes on: When the file system is ether ext2, -3, or -4. HAL is bringing up privilege issues when anything wants to unmount. As a result, this is causing corruption. The only work around I know is to switch to fat32.

Edit: Even Weirder now, I reformatted and now the opposite is true?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sometimes also have this problem, but i never digged much.

As far as i saw, some pnd like the Debian Extend keeps mounted pnd's.

Maybe it comes from here ?

Unmounting works fine for me, but if there are any PNDs that are not unmounted or any other files from the card are open, unmounting doesn't work, that's for sure.

Unmounting is broken for me (stock Hotfix 6 install from the full-flash kit). I noticed it after booting up my Pandora a few days ago, only to remember that I needed to add something to one of the SD Cards. It refused to let me unmount the card, and that was the first thing I did - I hadn't run any PNDs, opened any files, or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
On some Linux setups, i use pmount/pumount instead of mount/umount because it's more "powerful" and it succeed where the traditional umount fails.

On some Linux setups, i use pmount/pumount instead of mount/umount because it's more "powerful" and it succeed where the traditional umount fails.
How is it more powerful? pmount wraps mount, i.e. it is using mount to perform all its tasks. The main goal of pmount seems to be to allow regular users to mount and unmount.

Back