Holy Shit! Godspeed!

skysnapper

sleep is for wimps
Website
Visit site
Just downloaded a 3.4 gig file in under 9mins!!!!! :blink:

Only got an 8mb connection.. max i should get is around 900k/sec

I hit and i kid you not averaged 7.5 meg/sec this was while having other downloads running and surfing!!!

feckme0nv.jpg
:blink:

see 7.95mibs thats 7.95 meg a sec on Direct Connect!!!!!!

Im gob smacked!!! :eek:

my connection rocks not bad for 20 quid a month :p

Anyone elses internet connection had this happen.?

Arg! :eek:

Screw you broadband users :lol:
With my 64kbits/s, I would need, what, like my whole live (<=senseless exaggeration) downloading shit this big! :(

£20!!!

thats a bargain!!!

guessing you said quid your in england right...? i want this!!! my bro pays for the inter net and its £20 but its only 512kbs, grrrrr, the 1 year contract is evil eh?

do you have to pay more after like 6 monthes or something?

EDIT* read the thing under your avatar, you live in the same city as me!!! so where can i find this deal?

I have broadband that's supposed to go 8mbs a sec but usually only goes one or two ;)

saintdragon posted on Jul 23 2005 at 07:17 PM said:
£20!!!

thats a bargain!!!

guessing you said quid your in england right...? i want this!!! my bro pays for the inter net and its £20 but its only 512kbs, grrrrr, the 1 year contract is evil eh?

EDIT* read the thing under your avatar, you live in the same city as me!!! so where can i find this deal?

Bulldog , but you have change you telephone line over to them.. but the line rental is the same as BT. Also only certain parts of london can get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
skysnapper posted on Jul 23 2005 at 08:24 PM said:
saintdragon posted on Jul 23 2005 at 07:17 PM said:
£20!!!

thats a bargain!!!

Bulldog , but you have change you telephone line over to them.. but the line rental is the same as BT. Also only certain parts of london can get it.

oh....

hmmmmm, il have a check if they do do it in nw london...

kknd_cf posted on Jul 23 2005 at 08:54 PM said:
Thanks a lot for that skysnapper, I've been wondering about the legitness of Bulldog for a while, any catches?

yes

speed is not always reliable im only managing 200k/sec this evening having gone from diaazy heights of getting 2meg-8meg/sec speeds this afternoon.

Customer service is supposed to be dire but haven't been arsed about phoning up to see why im only managing 200k a sec

Took over 2 months to get connected! But again wasn't too arsed as my 1mbit was fine for me... the change over was smooth though disconnected on monday and when i came back from work was live.

but at 20 quid a month not really complaing its 3 quid cheaper than my 1 mbit connection and is also uncapped.

I can get this in Bournemouth funnily enough, I was thinking of getting it for my new house in september but then if the speed fluctuates massively like you say, then it won't be much good divided between 4 people.

Twimfy posted on Jul 23 2005 at 05:36 PM said:
I can get this in Bournemouth funnily enough, I was thinking of getting it for my new house in september but then if the speed fluctuates massively like you say, then it won't be much good divided between 4 people.
well that could also depened on who is uploading too ;)

This is not a patch on DSL, But when i was on dial-up with BT i actually got around 12KBps download speed for the whole day in Emule. :blink: It never happened again, But it was nice to surf and download (especially on dial-up) both at the same time without too much lag while it lasted.

Trooper

finty posted on Jul 24 2005 at 12:21 PM said:
Oh my, emule on 56K. Please don't bring back the memories...

Yeah!, Anywhere up to two weeks to download a movie (PD one mind :rolleyes:), Ahhh sheer bliss. :p

Trooper

it was all about getting an albums worth of songs off audiogalaxy (before it went corporate) overnight.

then using the headphone jack on the PC to record the mp3s to minidisc

piracy rul3s

24mbs in the UK from Be:
A giant step for Internet kind:
‘Be’ to launch 24 meg broadband in the UK – BeThere.co.uk

June 30, 2005

Brand new internet service provider Be is on the verge of launching 24 meg download speeds – the fastest in the UK and triple the speed of the current leading competitor. Using ADSL2+ technology that doubles the download bandwidth, together with LLU (Local Loop Unbundling), Be’s new service is a revolutionary overhaul of the UK broadband market. The rollout will start in London, quickly expanding to the rest of the UK.

For Boris Ivanovic, co-founder of Be, this will be the second time he has broken the broadband speed record. In April 2001, he purchased Sweden’s fledging ISP Bostream and launched 26 meg broadband – growing its customer base dramatically from 2,000 to 100,000, and from a $1m to $55m revenue, in just three years.

"The deregulation of the market makes this a very exciting time for the UK and Be is here to make the most of it, offering customers the full capability of ADSL2+ from launch," said Boris. ”There is no reason to drag out the increase in speed and launch in steps of 1 meg or 2 meg when the capability is there to offer the maximum speeds available – which is what Be is all about."

Be has the benefit of building a completely new network based on the latest technologies, allowing it to provide a higher quality product than anyone else in the UK. The company is able to deliver its dramatic speed increase at a remarkably low cost due to Ethernet backhauling and aggregation. It is also able to provide a better service than most, through the use of a highly customisable network infrastructure.

Be is the first operator in the UK to use Alcatel’s latest generation DSLAM (the Alcatel 7302 Intelligent Services Access Manager), as well as aggregation and routing equipment which will give Be the ability to offer the latest products and services that will change the face of broadband in the UK.

"Alcatel's innovation in research and development and our work with the standardization bodies gives Be access to the most powerful broadband technology," said Michel Rahier, in charge of Alcatel’s fixed communications activities. "Be has a very exciting proposition for the UK market and has promising plans for their evolution towards a user-centric triple play service offering."

Source: http://bethere.co.uk/

Back