Hide Folders Etc?

Spykez

So I was looking through the built in games and came to a conclusion that it looks really nice just having 1 icon for every game, is there a way to hide excess folders and what not on the wiz so it just shows the icon?

You need to create .ini files so that you can see only the icons (or names if no icon image is present) in the SD menu. You can create them easily in Notepad (or probably any other text editor).

This is all you need in the .ini file

CODE
[info]
name="B'lox!"
path="/blox/blox.gpe"
icon="/blox/blox.png"

Name$ is the name of the file as it will appear on the Wiz SD menu
Path is where you have placed the file on the SD card
Icon is the 25x25 (or 22x25) icon image.

Simple.

Put all the .ini's into a folder on your SD card - I called mine "game" (or it did it automagically, I can;t remember now). Make sure that the actual games are also in the "game" folder too.

ok so I made "nintendo.ini"

copies the ini text you posted but replaced it with

[info]
name="Nintendo"
path="/Games/NES/fceu_norot.gpe"
icon="/Games/NES/gpfce.png"

in the folder with the file name and it still doesn't work.

Is there a folder called "Games" within your "game" folder, and is the .gpe file in there?

ie game/Games/NES/fceu_norot.gpe ?

If you only have the "Games" folder, you don't need to specify "Games" in the path. In my example above all of the files, are in my "game" folder, but I don't use "game" in the path or the name.

wiz_ini.PNG

Here's what's in my "game" folder on my SD card. It's seen on my pc as G: drive. AS you can see I've simply named the folders what the app. is and each app has an .ini file.

Forgot to mention, make sure that each name/dir/path is typed in the .ini EXACTLY as it appears. Make sure that the upper and lower case characters are correct, as it's CASE-SENSITIVE IIRC.

I will make an automatic INI file generator, will post it soon :)

Ok this is kinda what i'm looking at doing, already worked this part out. But how would I path to a file from a NAND folder to a file on the SD?

I'm currently waiting for my Wiz to update to latest version or else i'd try. But is it something like

../sd/snes/snesemu.gpe?

There's a page about it here: http://www.gp2xwiz.co.uk/wiki/Creating_A_Shortcut_In_The_Wiz_Games_Menu

But is there a way to link to the root of the SD card? All my game folders and .ini's are in the 'game' folder apart from the RACE (Neo Geo Pocket emulator) folder as this only runs from the root of the SD card. <_<
Hopefully this will be changed on the next release.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back