Release hfsutils port

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
For reading and writing Macintosh file systems.

Attachments

• hfsutils.tar.gz
    790 KB · Views: 187
Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive the zombification of this thread, but could someone give me a clue as to how to install this on my Pandora?
It looks like regular ARM binaries, so just extract it to somewhere and add that directory to your PATH:

Code:
export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/hfsutils

If you want to make this permanent, you can add it to ~/.bashrc (otherwise you'll have to change the PATH every time you start a new terminal session).

Sorry to ask but If that's confirmed to work, could I ask that this be explained fully to all potential users (It sounds like its a required tool to allow Pandora and MacOS to speak easy) , the full process required to install it is clearly detailed and that mention of it, is preserved to the tips&tweaks threads please?

Sorry to ask but If that's confirmed to work, could I ask that this be explained fully to all potential users (It sounds like its a required tool to allow Pandora and MacOS to speak easy) , the full process required to install it is clearly detailed and that mention of it, is preserved to the tips&tweaks threads please?
Well, I haven't tried it myself - the only HFS disk I have is inside an old iBook. I don't know why it wouldn't work, though.

(I'm not sure how those utilities actually work - usually filesystem drivers are loadable kernel modules, if they aren't compiled in.)

You're right, of course, but I haven't really seen FUSE used with non-virtual filesystems. I don't know if the Pandora comes with FUSE either.
Well, it has to have FUSE (at least with the codec pack) because of ntfs-3g, which is probably the most popular FUSE driver for non-virtual filesystems :p

Back