Hf5 Not Shutting Down Or Rebooting

CPUnltd

when I shutdown or reboot, I think HF5 hangs at the very end of the process and does not complete the shutdown... how do I switch the process to verbose so I can see exactly where it hangs? It's not the end of the world for me, but could be a potential problem down the line.

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
when I shutdown or reboot, I think HF5 hangs at the very end of the process and does not complete the shutdown... how do I switch the process to verbose so I can see exactly where it hangs? It's not the end of the world for me, but could be a potential problem down the line.

There was a thread about this on the official forum. Think its a recognized bug and only happens if WiFi is enabled. I see this all the time since HF5 - annoying. A good tip EvilDragon mentioned to force shutdown is to force reboot (power switch + pandora button) with right trigger held and then select shutdown from the menu.

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
First, when I reboot, it doesn't actually reboot... just sits there with remnants of the boot splash lingering. All the lights are out, so it's hard to say if it's not completely shutting down or not...but the fact that the screen is still showing anything at all leads me to believe it is not completely off. All I'm seeing at this exact moment is the left over progress bar for shut down... hitting the power button does nothing... so it's not completely down... have to do PND + PWR to do a hard reset every time... is it supposed to shut down like that? if so, it's the only device I know of with such a shutdown effect. Doesn't seem right to me.

I said this in the thread over on the other forum, but this can happen if you near-permanently have WiFi disabled, too, it's just much rarer... :p I have no idea why that is, though.

probably a bug in the shutdown procedure... is there a "killall" execution during shutdown? could also be a bug in the wifi driver itself (next time I get an .out file for the wifi toggle pnd, I'll actually read it to see if it may shed some light on this subject...

i have the same issues with shutting down my pandora also. disabling wifi before doing a shutdown works just fine, the unit shuts down properly. leaving wifi enabled, the shutdown screen never clears and just sits there. hopefully this can be fixed in hf6.

you've gotta update the wifi driver...

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/58888-another-test-wifi-driver/

haven't seen an official one yet, but I'm sure it will be in HF6...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back