Help With Castaway/gp

bigPOPa

Still Fresh
i downloaded castaway/gp and tried to install it (castaway.fxe) following the instructions in the readme which says "copy castaway.fxe into GPMM" but everytime i try this the gp32 refuses to accept it! please help

Do you try to copy it with the original PC-Link?
Then you have to rename it, as it has to be 8.3 (8 chars before the dot, 3 after).

You can also use a patched version of PC-Link, which removes these restrictions.

try upacking the fxe file to a different location, there a good chance its currupt, also make sure once its unpacked you have closed all folders relating to where its located, if the computers already useing the file or folder else where, theres a good chance it wont let you do squat wit it.

EvilDragon posted on Jul 9 2005 at 04:02 AM said:
Do you try to copy it with the original PC-Link?
Then you have to rename it, as it has to be 8.3 (8 chars before the dot, 3 after).

You can also use a patched version of PC-Link, which removes these restrictions.

castaway.fxe is a perfectly legal 8.3 name, so that can't be the cause.

But yes, you should tell us by what means you tried to copy the files to your GP32.

Also, what do you mean by "it refuses"? Is there an error message of some sort? If so, tell us what it says.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dryer Lint posted on Jul 9 2005 at 01:09 PM said:
castaway.fxe is a perfectly legal 8.3 name, so that can't be the cause.

Oh damn, how tired have I been at that time? :p

Last edited:
Back