Help On Offical Usb Wifi Dongle,who's Got One ?

mark1980

Still Fresh
hi i was thinking of getting a offical caanoo wifi dongle (£9.99 free p+p). then thought what can you realy do with it apart from play some games with other caanoo's ?. ive seen there a app called caanoo web browers in the download section,but alot of people seem to be having trouble with it because its hard to use and has no on screen keyboard.i got to admit i like the idea of going online with my caanoo,has any one tryed this and is there any thing else that the domgle can do that i don't know about

I got that tiny wifi dongle from Buffalo. I'm a little concerned that it gets too warm though. Anyway, the browser is a cool thing, but of course doesn't render pages very well, slow and difficult to see webpages on a 320x240 res screen. I don't know about the browser in qt. I haven't tried it.

I use the wifi to copy files to the caanoo, make multiplayer games (i made pong with nlove, which was too buggy to release) and am currently working on an AppStore, which will have 1-click installing over the wifi, so no connecting to usb, downloading and unpacking and copying files. Just one click.

If you are not a dev, i find it hard to justify buying a dongle right now.

/Uni

Back