Help!!!..my Sd Card Wont Lemme Delete Files And I Dont Kno

jeezy103

Still Fresh
HIYA there folks.....just got me a spanking new gp2x mk2 model + 4gb sd card...
i do recall transfering some files into it , then tried to delete them using my 2x, ..but the entire process took way too long...so i switched it off and tried using my sd card reader/writer...but when i attemppt to delete the files i keep getting this "cannot find file file-source" message....these files take-up a considerable amount of space, therefore they really gotta go...........

Furthermore, i own different sets of neogeo roms...e.g...some which work on neoragex but not on mame and vice-versa...so which ones are gp2x-compatible??neorage roms or mame roms???

And finally....i dont know jack about about emulating.....in a huge kof, metal slug ...rage of dragons fan...but i have no idea on where to start...And before you refer to me as the most stupid gorilla in the jungle. id like to point out that ive tried anything/everything i could lay my hands on but to no avail....all this stuff is giving me a migraine......so im begging for some assistance.. :( ...

PS..im not requesting for any roms..i just need some1 to work me thru the ENTIRE process from downloading the emu to setting(including overclocking or wat ever you call it) up my gp2x..................

thanks in advance, kind folks...

Backup whatever is on your SD card and then reformat it (use FAT32 filesystem). Your SD card should stop complaining and then you can copy the files back over. From there you should be able to figure out how to install various things, its easy when the SD card is not being a bitch.

Don't delete lots of/big things on the SD card... And don't ever turn it off while it's writing/deleting.

Also don't forget to "eject" the sd, on Windows click on the green thingy that says "Safely Remove Hardware" than select the device and click stop.

Blah posted on Dec 15 2006 at 08:37 AM said:
Also don't forget to "eject" the sd, on Windows click on the green thingy that says "Safely Remove Hardware" than select the device and click stop.
and also dont forget to unmount the sd card on the gp2x before removing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also the mame roms are right for gngeo.
You may need to fix some of them with clearmame through.
(as stated in the readme, read it next time, thats what its for!)

Redeeman posted on Dec 15 2006 at 09:43 AM said:
and also dont forget to unmount the sd card on the gp2x before removing it.

Shouldn't it do that automagically when you eject it, or have i missed something?

jeezy103:
When formating the SD card, format it using a card reader, not the USB connection on the 2x

If you download an emulator you generally just have to read the file called readme.txt or just readme in a text editor. That will tell you exactly how to set it up. You need to be sure that your ROMS are of the correct version to work with the emulator as all games are not compatible.

Blah posted on Dec 15 2006 at 08:37 AM said:
NoNo, thats not necessary, as all usb drives that are attached are default in the "optimize for quick removal" setting.
Which means that you do not have to use the safe remove icon.

OOO YEaH BABY!!! :D ..thats what im talkin abt.....thanks so much guys,,i finally managed to get rid of 'em .....
guess im real itchy for that eject button.....anyway, ill be more patient now...
AYe .shikaku,,i appreciate your input but get this............. i followed your guide to setting up roms for gngeo, yet none worked...e.g. the metal slug 5 (mslug5) romrc file says this:

longname Metal Slug 5
game mslug5 MVS "Metal Slug 5"
CPU 0x600000
ms5_p1.rom 0x0 0x600000 NORM
END
SFIX 0x20000
ms5n_s1.rom 0x0 0x20000 NORM
END
SOUND1 0x1000000
ms5_v1.rom 0x0 0x400000 NORM
ms5_v2.rom 0x400000 0x400000 NORM
ms5_v3.rom 0x800000 0x400000 NORM
ms5_v4.rom 0xc00000 0x400000 NORM
END
SM1 0x20000
ms5_m1.rom 0x0 0x20000 NORM
END
GFX 0x4000000
ms5n_c1.rom 0x0 0x800000 ALTERNATE
ms5n_c2.rom 0x1 0x800000 ALTERNATE
ms5n_c3.rom 0x1000000 0x800000 ALTERNATE
ms5n_c4.rom 0x1000001 0x800000 ALTERNATE
ms5n_c5.rom 0x2000000 0x800000 ALTERNATE
ms5n_c6.rom 0x2000001 0x800000 ALTERNATE
ms5n_c7.rom 0x3000000 0x800000 ALTERNATE
ms5n_c8.rom 0x3000001 0x800000 ALTERNATE
END
END

so i therefore changed the files to those stated in the romrc file..i.e

268_c1.rom to ms5n_c1.rom

268_c2.rom to ms5n_c2.rom

268_v4.rom to ms5_v4.rom.....and so forth..and i zipped-em all back..

so what am i doin wrong??

On a side note,,,why do some games appear all boxy??? the sound and everything works fine except the graphics.....?? they're practically unplayable...

and wats "overclocking" and how do i do it??

and thank you all so very much...

Over clocking is a really cool feature [Which i have no idea how possible]. It works by changing the clock speed of the processor. (Does this mean its using more power to speed it up?) Anyways, when a game is running a bit slow, but only needs a little speed, over clocking your gp32 can give you this speed boost.

So how do you over clock? Obviously, you need to go grab a menu replacement or create a launcher for programs that you want to over clock.

Theres probably some really obvious problem with gngeo, but I'm not familiar with it (Even though I've heard of it quite often.)

What games appear boxy?

Nmn posted on Dec 16 2006 at 08:00 AM said:
Over clocking is a really cool feature [Which i have no idea how possible]. It works by changing the clock speed of the processor. (Does this mean its using more power to speed it up?) Anyways, when a game is running a bit slow, but only needs a little speed, over clocking your gp32 can give you this speed boost.

So how do you over clock? Obviously, you need to go grab a menu replacement or create a launcher for programs that you want to over clock.

Theres probably some really obvious problem with gngeo, but I'm not familiar with it (Even though I've heard of it quite often.)

What games appear boxy?
NMN, guess what ...ive found the gmenux file , but alot of people complain its kinda hard to remove it(uninstalling), except thru "re-updating" their firmware....so im kinda worried about this thing....
and does gmenux support custom skins???cause its default skin kinda sux n im wondering if i could make sme changes....
Also,. the "boxy " game-issue i mentioned earlier,,,,it kinda looks like the rom's been "infected" wit some kinda virus..
colors are scrambled...and nothing makes sense...
from my reaseearch...sme forums claim this to be a bios issue...........CAre to elaborate????how can i fix this???

Finally...what roms hve u got......iM so tired of failing at setting my roms up....(i probabbly shouldnt do this but im desperate)......please..where could i get sme already "modded" roms??especially kof96, kof98, kof 2002, and ROTD(rage of the dragon), svc(snk vs capcom chaos) ,,,,to name a few...
BTW..I GOT ALL THESE ROMS ON NEORAGEX...but then again ...i cant set 'em up...
If no source is available, could you please do it?????
PM ME!!!!DONT REPLY HERE..GIVEN IT MIGHT BE AGAINST THE RULES....SO PLEASE..PM ME..
CHAO,..... :(

Please learn to type and spell. Please also type in a fashion in which everyone can understand, and be able to read and derive information from. Your post is on the verge of illegibility.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=30968

If you have not looked at that already, please read it.

If you already have a fullset, you can replace the non-encrypted/decrypted/bootleg versions with the encrypted files/roms; notice I put files/roms. Sometimes they can be incomplete in making a game.

Nmn posted on Dec 16 2006 at 08:00 AM said:

What games appear boxy?
i got the program(gmenu2x), yet im still trying to figure out how to overclock my gngeo2x..
so how do i create this launcher???

Back