Help Installing Usb Drivers

sokuban

Still Fresh
i got a gp32 origanal so i have to register but when i open the gpreg program and enter my username ans passs and then push enter it asks to connect gp32 i do so and go to pclink mode it says now waiting and then i push ok on my comp but it cant read my usb port or something do i have to install the usb drivers? i think so but i dont know how i downloaded the drivers from the site but it just is an inf file and a sys file, i dont know how to install anything with that.

Please Help

Thanks

I think a better way to pose the question is "how do you install drivers?" i got the drivers from gamepark's site but there is only a .inf file and a .sys file and i dont know how to install it sorry im really dumb with computers

If you use windows XP, just click on the .inf file with the right mouse button and choose install. For any other version of windows (don't know if you can do this on other windows..) right click the My computer and choose property and select the hardware manager, locate your GP32 USB driver (it should pop as a yellow question mark, choose update drivers and expert mode (to choose the location where to search drivers) for this and select the folder where your inf file (and your sys file) is. It should now install it. Restart your computer to be sure everything's fine and try it!

ok thanks it worked but now i have more problems, i tried to install the free launcher on the smc but it says unknown error or something like that, i am using gp32 link i formatted my gp32 and set my internet options so i can recieve all cookies but it satill has the unknown error. anyone know what to do?

i got the freelauncher to install i used gpmanager and it worked but now when i turn it on it doesn't go to the normal page it shows a picture saying freelauncher then i get some strange message in korean and it has an a in it. i cant even go to pclink now on the gp32.

Are you talking about the screen that has a small 16x16 (ish) icon in the corner? IT sounds like you are in the "game" menu, not sure how you got the GP32 to boot up there every time though..If it is the original original you should be able to press B to get back to the trio choice.

Are you talking about the screen that has a small 16x16 (ish) icon in the corner? IT sounds like you are in the "game" menu, not sure how you got the GP32 to boot up there every time though..If it is the original original you should be able to press B to get back to the trio choice.

It has a picture of eyes when its loading and it says freelauncher on the screen. when it loads the korean message comes up and it says FXE and then A on it, if i push A it dissapears for one second and then the message comes back. if i take out the smc it goes back to the normal 2 chices game and pc link but of course i cant do anything

Please Help Thanks

PS i dont know if i have a FLU or an original because mine has a light but it was modded so im not sure which one it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
i used an smc reader/writer to put a bombermangpworld homebrew game on it and when i turn it on now it goes back to all the 2 play and pclink options and when i choose play i see bomberman gp world on it and free launcher, if i click bomberman gp world i get a black screen and words go down fast and it resets to the menu and if i choose free launcher it shows the same korean message

Back