Hello

Pirotic

Certified Guru
Hiya, just came on to check news and noticed Gigas now has its very own support forum..

so let me start with a big thanks to gp32x for hosting it!

everybody feel free to ask questions, post ideas and trade your work. i'll be in here as often as i can to help out and keep you upto date on the latest progress.

Gigas is pretty basic at the moment, and i've had to reinforce my desk to fit the "todo" list on, but hopefully with some time and support i can add every feature you guys need to make a kick-ass game.

if your looking to download Gigas, the official homepage is here

happy game making!

- Pirotic

i never heard...will this use a real time engine or turn based or what? both (crosses fingers... ;) )

Man this is so awesome, I cant wait for people to start releasing their own/ported tilesets and spritesheets! :D Any news on the PC editor and what format of music it will use? When will the games be compiled into .gig files? I'm guessing version 1.0 .

that's great man, excellent job - you never really see stuff like this around.

i look fwd to playing around with it, i like making sprites and stuff.

i wish there was a 2D platformer creator! or a 2D shooter creator.. those would rock!! this will do pretty nicely though!

ralp99 posted on Apr 30 2004 at 03:10 AM said:
that's great man, excellent job - you never really see stuff like this around.

i look fwd to playing around with it, i like making sprites and stuff.

i wish there was a 2D platformer creator! or a 2D shooter creator.. those would rock!! this will do pretty nicely though!
The Zot!-engine might fit those needs :)

anyway: nice to be here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@ ralp99 I think Codejedi.com will help you.

Also is there a simple enough programme that will take a 1024 res picture (or higher) and then spit it out in tile form for this? I have plenty of ideas, and some very warped ones too! :)

EDIT: Dumb me, didnt read the other thread. Mappy for Windows looks like the download for me :)

Great! I like game-creators-for-non-programers like this!
But i will wait until turn based combat engine is done. I don't like action rpg too much.
Are you working in it or will be a future feature?

turn-based combat is a future feature, it's planned but isnt at the top of the TODO list just yet, as i have a fair amount of work to do still to make the real-time combat upto scratch.

lizard808uk posted on Apr 30 2004 at 11:46 AM said:
@ ralp99 I think Codejedi.com will help you.

Also is there a simple enough programme that will take a 1024 res picture (or higher) and then spit it out in tile form for this? I have plenty of ideas, and some very warped ones too! :)

EDIT: Dumb me, didnt read the other thread. Mappy for Windows looks like the download for me :)
you could just paste the original image in the tilesheet, if its too wide for the tilesheet just cut it in half or something, i dont put a space between each tile for that exact reason (its what i did with my little 3D gigas and fight logos)

look foward to seeing your warped ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back