HdmyBoy anyone?

This is the kind of product I like, something that brings my original hardware into the modern age.

I hope this is successful and we see more of this kind of mod for other consoles/computers.

I agree, but I don't have an old GameBoy... my oldest one being a silver gameboy pocket...

I hope this is successful and we see more of this kind of mod for other consoles/computers.
I know of another project or two (or three, I can't remember) like this for the DMG, or other early Game Boys.  The person behind one of them has recently posted videos and given a price that is a little more affordable.

I agree, but I don't have an old GameBoy... my oldest one being a silver gameboy pocket...
I should start selling some of mine off.  I only need a couple of each model, but I have a ton of DMGs (so fun and easy to mod, and tons of replacement cases, buttons and screen covers now).

Reminds me of the Super Gameboy...
The biggest problem with the Super Game Boy is that the clock speed is off since it is based on the SNES clock.  There are other problems.  Some, if not most, of them are solved by other things that are available.  This is one that I think is cool.  The Game Boy Player is/was popular, and is for GBA and earlier games.

What concerns me a little about this Kickstarter is that the DMG in the video (which had no sound for me) looks to be nearly double the thickness of a stock one.  The "brick" is already pretty large, so making it thicker is quite unappealing to me.  If I am losing portability I would prefer to go with something else.  I do sometimes use my Super Game Boy, but it doesn't work with at least one program that is pretty important to me.  For portability, and only a need for games, a Game Boy without this, or Pandora (which can send it to a TV) and eventually Pyra works better for me.

I need to go back and watch the full video with sound so I can see if they address my concern, but at the expected price I think I will stick with the other projects, which are from people whose projects I have supported before, and I am happy with the results (and response to personal requests).  I will share additional details, but I don't know what crosses the line into advertising.

Last edited by a moderator:
Decent, I've an original gameboy but barely any games for it still, looks great

Back