Have You Psp Owners Got This!?

UMD Dumps of games requiring a higher firmware version than the current have always ignored your actual firmware version, but there is software out there now that does the same for actual UMDs.

Squidge posted on Jul 15 2005 at 05:24 PM said:
UMD Dumps of games requiring a higher firmware version than the current have always ignored your actual firmware version, but there is software out there now that does the same for actual UMDs.

Are you sure about the first part Squidge?

I have a 1.0 PSP and 1.5 titles (UMD dumps) dont run. Or do you mean it just doesnt update? (that's true).

Last edited by a moderator:
1.50 is too different from 1.00 as there's many things missing in the firmware. However, it works running 1.51 and 1.52 titles from a 1.50, apparently (not got anything needing >1.50 to check).

If someone managed to put the missing routines into a loader for 1.00 PSPs, no doubt it would work, but I don't think anyones going to do that.

Are game developers forced to put updates on the UMD? Or is it by choice?

To be honest, I don't think it's got anything to do with the game developers. I think when Sony make the UMD's, they stick any updates on there as well when burning the disk. You don't have to modify the game to insert the firmware check, as the PSP just reads the "required firmware version" from the UMD when it goes to boot it. It's the same reason why it's easy to bypass.

If your interested, I think it's in the SFO file, so have a look in that file. or visit http://forums.ps2dev.org/

also thx for the info...........

OMG!!! already a ps1(psx) emu on the psp!!! runs only at 5 fps and only handles a few roms, but this is a first release!!! things are going well in the world of the psp.. :)

saintdragon posted on Jul 19 2005 at 07:51 PM said:
OMG!!! already a ps1(psx) emu on the psp!!! runs only at 5 fps and only handles a few roms, but this is a first release!!! things are going well in the world of the psp.

WRONG: .5 fps... means: a half fps :)
This make A REAL difference (factor 10 ;))

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Jul 19 2005 at 10:59 PM said:
OMG!!! already a ps1(psx) emu on the psp!!! runs only at 5 fps and only handles a few roms, but this is a first release!!! things are going well in the world of the psp.

crap, sorry!!!

EDIT:
A WIP of an PSX / PSOne emulator for the PSP.
Currently it only runs a few PSX with .5 fps... so it's far from being usable at the moment, but it's a first release!

i couldnt see the dot, as i wasnt using my glasses... :(

EvilDragon posted on Jul 19 2005 at 02:59 PM said:
OMG!!! already a ps1(psx) emu on the psp!!! runs only at 5 fps and only handles a few roms, but this is a first release!!! things are going well  in the world of the psp.

I believe thats about how fast LDChen got Ridge Racer running on GP :lol:

Back