Have a silver pandora? No worry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillRoXx

if you want to make your pandora COMPLETELY BLACK. all you need is acetone and a few cotton balls and q-tips. (q-tips for the keyboard.... its sensitive. REMOVE THE BATTERY FOR ANY PARTS INSIDE)

Dab the acetone on the q-tip or cotton ball. (NOT TOO MUCH. and make sure it does not drip.)

and begin wiping the keyboard (NOT THE BUTTONS.)

now.  once done. get the cotton ball. begin the same process with the cotton ball except on the outside. (make sure its nail polish remover this time. since it has gelatin.)

once done. you now have an kickass black pandora (the color goes with  anything. seriously.)

No pictures to post at this point as i am not done finishing my pandora  recolor

(IF YOU MESS UP THE PROCESS ITS NOT MY FAULT.)

extra tips.

if you want to use a safe procedure. i recommend you use acetone with Aqua (Water) as the first ingredient since i used one with Acetone listed first.

(word of caution. make sure THE BATTERY IS OUT.)

also. there is 2 layers of paint.

my acetone apparently is aged. so there is more water. the acetone is mostly water.... and the acetone sublimates before i can get it onto the padora...

first layer is annoying,

(p.s. i know shenmue would read this.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't the silver paint offer an additional touch of strength to the case though, which is why the silver ones are less prone to get small cracks - You might be weakening it doing this?

Still, even if that is right it's probably minor and if you like the all black look it's all good

Doesn't the silver paint offer an additional touch of strength to the case though, which is why the silver ones are less prone to get small cracks - You might be weakening it doing this?

Still, even if that is right it's probably minor and if you like the all black look it's all good
yes. but i used acetone with added gelatin. which adds strength even after the paint is worn off. and yes. I do have cracks (within the first month)

the gelatin replaces the paint. which in bonus i can include a paste that can do this job better. but its time based

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I might actually do this.

The layer of gelatin wouldn't cause any side-effects would it?

Dry gelatin is brittle and flaky and will simply flake off your pandora, I'd have thought, so it won't cause any problems but neither will it have any benefit.

Similarly, I don't think the silver paint is what makes silver cases more robust than black ones, rather that silver ones were made later with better processes and to a better design. I'd expect a stripped silver case to still be stronger and less brittle than an old black case.

Hope this is a joke. Don't do that! xou are wiping everything down to the plastic and the plastic itself might get damaged by acetone.

^ has anyone got the dimensions of the current case other than DaveC / ED

Acetone an be very bad for plastic, I would not be tempted to try this as it can cause permanent damage and weakening of the plastic.

So this will turn your pandora case into a black one, complete with authentic weaknesses?

Most probably. Also it could result in lighter and darker spots on the black case where the acetone harms the plastic.

Could also lead to wonky lid and shoulderbuttons as the color adds a layer of thickness.

If you really want to get rid of all paint, I'd try some 70% ethanol or isopropanol.

No extra strength here my silver case lid has cracks :(

My pandora's battery lid lost a tab (and a part of the lid itself :p ), except that, the case is in good shape.

A few scratches in the paint since I've not been really careful : my pandora was often thrown in my bag without any pouch to protect it.

Gravedug. Please lock topic. also. i abandoned the project 1/4th the way in. (after the paint gave some major resistance to acetone.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back