GP2X [hardware] Buttons On The Gp2x?

Daid

Website
Visit site
Does anyone know how the buttons are done in hardware on the GP2x?

My guess is that they are input lines which are pulled up to VSS with a pullup, and then pulled down when you press a button. Or the other way around, (default low, and pulled up on button press)

I thought it might be cool to add an external joypad to the GP2x that maps to the default GP2x buttons, however, with all the buttons you would need a 15 wire cable. Which is way to thick. Thus I figured I could use a microcontrollers on both sides to send/recv button information. However, for that it would be handy to know how the buttons are done in hardware.

Finaly it should cut the amount of wires down to 3 (VSS, GND, Data) (or four if you want to balance the data in a twisted pair, to reduce noise) and make a nice hobby project.

Daid said:
Finaly it should cut the amount of wires down to 3 (VSS, GND, Data) (or four if you want to balance the data in a twisted pair, to reduce noise) and make a nice hobby project.
Or you can just build an USB external joypad: 4 wires (VSS, GND, DATA+, DATA-) and supported on many systems apart from Gp2x :D

Last edited by a moderator:
juanvvc said:
Or you can just build an USB external joypad: 4 wires (VSS, GND, DATA+, DATA-) and supported on many systems apart from Gp2x :D
Now if I wanted a USB input device, then I would have done that, but I want a GP2x buttons compatible device. Will work on all games and all utilities :D

This is the wiki page you ment Squidge? http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/GPIO_Reference
Doh, missed that is said active low. Guess that awnsers my question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back