Handhelds

Gren

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
Hello!

This is my 1st post on a GP32X forum (I've just registered) - but incredibly I bought my FLU GP32 back in early 2003 off Craig. (I have to admit to trolling on these boards for far too long!)

I got it 'cos of an article in Edge (I think) about MAME emulation, and being a huge MAME fan I just had to get one.
I actually followed the scene for ages, but MAME on GP32 didn't really advance until Franxis released his amazing version a short while ago.

Anyways, I just thought I'd say hello - and pass on my sincerest thanks to the amazing individuals who contribute to the scene......

OK, Handhelds - the post topic relates to the fact that even though (as a gaming veteran) I imported both a DS and a PSP at launch recently, my GP32 is still getting the most use ATM thanks to some quite amazing legacy system emulation.
Truly, the old console/computer emulation this little machine is capable of is quite awesome (ZXGP32, Frodo and MAME in particular are quite incredible!) - and until PSP is able to provide the same classic emulation, I don't think it's even gonna get switched on. And interestingly, when I did switch it on a couple of days ago (to check out Smart Bomb that my mate bought)) the battery was dead again (it seems to drain very quickly even without any use!)

On a side issue - did anyone on these boards ever collect CRASH! magazine?
I originally bought issues 2 -77 - and I would dearly love to find issue 1, but I've never seen it appear on Ebay unfortunately.

Thanks for listening!

You DO know that Billie Piper is a Disciple of the Dark Lordette Celine Dion don't you?

I`m refering to her tinted spectacles, *Cough* :p

billie.jpg

EDIT: She`s got a couple of nice handhelds, As you can see. :lol:

Trooper

I originally bought issues 2 -77 - and I would dearly love to find issue 1, but I've never seen it appear on Ebay unfortunately.

Thanks for listening!

I never bought Crash originally (C64 boy me) but maybe you want to try this site:

The Def guide to ZZAP!64

Go to their Zzuperstore page and you can purchase a DVD with all the issues of Crash on it (as well as others, like Zzap!64, CVG and others).

I got the DVD and beleive me, it's great stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the PSP battery life... that's odd yours is dieing like that. I haven't been playing my PSP much lately either, since no new games have come out in a while. Yet I started playing the heck out of it a couple days ago when they released the memory stick swap trick, and when i turend it on it was still at 100%. This is probably after at least a week of not playing/charging it.

I've even left it in sleep mode for 2-3 days at a time and noticed the battery life only decreased by a few percent, which surprised me.

Your battery shouldn't be draining with the system off :(

Hello!

This is my 1st post on a GP32X forum (I've just registered) - but incredibly I bought my FLU GP32 back in early 2003 off Craig. (I have to admit to trolling on these boards for far too long!)

I got it 'cos of an article in Edge (I think) about MAME emulation, and being a huge MAME fan I just had to get one.
I actually followed the scene for ages, but MAME on GP32 didn't really advance until Franxis released his amazing version a short while ago.

Anyways, I just thought I'd say hello - and pass on my sincerest thanks to the amazing individuals who contribute to the scene......

OK, Handhelds - the post topic relates to the fact that even though (as a gaming veteran) I imported both a DS and a PSP at launch recently, my GP32 is still getting the most use ATM thanks to some quite amazing legacy system emulation.
Truly, the old console/computer emulation this little machine is capable of is quite awesome (ZXGP32, Frodo and MAME in particular are quite incredible!) - and until PSP is able to provide the same classic emulation, I don't think it's even gonna get switched on. And interestingly, when I did switch it on a couple of days ago (to check out Smart Bomb that my mate bought)) the battery was dead again (it seems to drain very quickly even without any use!)

Thanks for listening!

I've got TWO issues of Crash Issue one!!!! There gonna keep me warm when I'm older.

Seriously though, wonder what they'd be worth. One is almost mint....?

Hello!

Thanks for listening!

I've got TWO issues of Crash Issue one!!!! There gonna keep me warm when I'm older.

probably £10 each

Hello!

This is my 1st post on a GP32X forum (I've just registered) - but incredibly I bought my FLU GP32 back in early 2003 off Craig.  (I have to admit to trolling on these boards for far too long!)

Truly, the old console/computer emulation this little machine is capable of is quite awesome (ZXGP32, Frodo and MAME in particular are quite incredible!) - and until PSP is able to provide the same classic emulation, I don't think it's even gonna get switched on.   And interestingly, when I did switch it on a couple of days ago (to check out Smart Bomb that my mate bought)) the battery was dead again (it seems to drain very quickly even without any use!)

Thanks for listening!

2 copies of issue 1 :rolleyes:

Yikes - Lubidog, if u ever wanna sell, gimme a shout!

Thanks for listening!

Crash was always my favourite (plus i was in it once !), the same seller also does most of the other magazines. A guy called Mort from www.zzap64.co.uk , go to his site and you can also order Your Sinclair, C & VG, Sinclair User also.

All issues of each magazine are on a dvd with a viewer to easily look at the scanned pictures. Very good it is

As for Billie Piper, i'm not attracted to women who 1) like sh*gging older ginger blokes and 2) look like a horse. Shes not that bad but its one of those cases where if she wasnt famous and you saw her walking down the street you wouldnt be blown away by her. Amazing what make up artists can do with some girls nowadays. Also being a former miming pop star makes me dislike her even more !

Do you ever check ebay ?!?

I was selling issue 1 2 weeks ago, got 45 quid for it !!! I do have a spare one but i want to keep that one. Never seen it on ebay ? A few Issue 1's have been on ebay, normally get between 40 and 50 quid for issue 1

The guy who scans in all the magazines here is selling Crash issues 1-5...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

I used to check Ebay fairly frequently, at least up until a few months ago - and don't remember ever seeing Issue 1 for sale. But I did see other issues up for grabs. Maybe I should be checking more often!

£40-50 eh! I'd happily pay that for a nice example :D
Although the DVD is a nice idea, I really want to complete the collection.....and the fact that a few copies seem to be floating around has now spurred me on to get it :p

Back