Gravityforce2x Released

Parkydr

Developing for the GP2X since 2006
Website
www.parkydr.ezeedsl.co.uk
I've finally finished porting Gravity Force. :)

gfzw1.png

In Gravity Force you control a little ship. Your mission is to collect all cargo and return it safely to your home base. This would be quite easy if there were no enemies and no gravity pulling you to the ground. Well, for the enemies you have a cannon (in fact more than 6 different weapon systems), and for the gravity you have your skill.

Download it here

As said in previous thread... Greatly appreciated game port :)
I like the pixel particles everywhere on the screen.
I will play it more tonight and let you know what could be ehanced.

WOW!

Love these style of games from back in the day (Thrust, Grav, and so on.)

This is from scratch?

jeff

Great port. Very smooth and playable! :D

However, a few things..

1- Training mission nr 4 doesn't work. The camera seems to be at a different position than the spaceship.
2- Explosions, such as from the bomb and from exploding turrets, cause a very dark spot to appear on the screen at the place of the explosion. Additionally, this spot is COLLISIONABLE, thus meaning that once you drop a bomb, you actually create new soil and more collisions! Very irritating, and most likely a bug!
3- The red text, due to the font used and the capitalisation, is rather hard to read.

From these 3 points, nr 2 seems to be the one you need to focus on, as that one is the most game-breaking..

Still though, great game. Can't wait until it's all smooth and polished. Got to love the effects of this though :D

Wooo! Now this is a reason to find a good way to do multiplayer link-up, since we all know that 2-player head-to-head GF is the greatest game since sliced bread!!!

...or something. But that's the general idea, at least :)

WOW! Thank you so much!

I used to love playing Gravity Force on the Amiga.

*downloads*
I'm going to try it out tonight :D

Thanks for the feedback

Megagun:

1 - I've never tried this mission :)
2 - The original does this too, I'll have a look.
3 - I'll change the colour, the fonts are a pain to change - I've had to fix individual characters with the GIMP.

I've found another minor problem as well - the menu music doesn't work. I was a bit overzealous in removing "unused" data files. Not a great loss - I didn't notice because I'd turned it off in the options :)

Moxie:

There is 2 player (on one machine) but I've hidden it because:
1 - There aren't enough buttons
2 - There'd be a load more menus/screens to rescale

Cool Beans! I remember how we did extensive GF2 night competitions on the amiga with about 10 people sharing 4 joysticks, it was incredible fun. This will be nice to have on the gp2x, even if it's only one player, I like it! Thank you for this! :)

"SunSpire"

Thanks for the update! :D

Parkydr said:
Actually, the original doesn't do this. It creates a proper destructable terrain. I know since I just checked. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Megagun said:

Parkydr said:
Actually, the original doesn't do this. It creates a proper destructable terrain. I know since I just checked. :)

Which version do you mean? I get it with the version built from the Linux source. (I'm still trying to track the problem down).

I just checked too :)

I haven't tried the Amiga, DOS or Windows versions.

Parkydr said:
Megagun said:

Parkydr said:

Which version do you mean? I get it with the version built from the Linux source. (I'm still trying to track the problem down).

I just checked too :)

I haven't tried the Amiga, DOS or Windows versions.

I tried the Windows version (the DOS version does not work for me)...

I tried the Windows version (the DOS version does not work for me)...

That explains it :)

I think it's something to do with drawing craters.

I've actually managed to land on one of the dark spots :) - just come down vertically on to it.

craterjv1.png

Back