Gpx2 Stick Clicking ?

Do you think the GPx2´s digital stick will have clicking Microswitches like the GP32? Or will it be

• Click!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silence...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I like the microswitch way, its sloid, no way to get a more robust and precise stick.
Gues why arcade sticks sound the same? :)

There should be a button to turn off and on! i like it but i sleep in the same room as my bro, he doesnt like the clicking, so there should be a button! YES, another useless but addon!!! bring it on!

The click might get on some people's nerves occasionally but I dont mind it at all. Especially since microswitches are supposed to be more accurate and durable.

The only thing I hope for a differance in is that the stick be tight, the GP32's stick is still functional but there's a slight looseness to it that throws off my timing. the tighter the stick the less likely a false response will occure.

The sticks on Sony's original Dual shock controllers were terrible for precise movments because they were very loose, the Dualshock 2 was much better because the sticks were firm and took more effort to move.

I don't care either way as long as it's accurate, and it's easy to double-tap in any direction (you need to do this for some games in order to get your character to move quicker). The Sega Nomad's stick had no clicking but it was very accurate, so it was very comfortable to use.

So which way do I vote? I don't know... I guess I won't vote at all (unless an option for "I don't care" is added). All I really want is a really flawless and NOT LOOSE joypad in which you can easily feel the "tap" when you press a direction, whether it's clicky or not.

microswitches are much better than contact pads. you can replace a microswitch when it buggers up, but you can't replace a buggered contact pad :)

and yes they are in arcade joysticks, but the ones in arcade sticks are industry standard, and much bigger :)

Alpha2 posted on Aug 7 2005 at 02:10 AM said:
The only thing I hope for a differance in is that the stick be tight, the GP32's stick is still functional but there's a slight looseness to it that throws off my timing. the tighter the stick the less likely a false response will occure.

I agree. I actually like the clicking :blink: but the joystick is a little too 'loose' when playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back