Gpx2 Port

GP40

04(46).jpg

Top right: is that a port like on the gp32 or is it the SD slot? (I've never used SD before)

Looks like its on the bottom, so its a port?

That would be nifty, I wanted a port on it :)

Vimacs posted on Sep 1 2005 at 05:11 PM said:
its the ext port, but this isnt the final model, in the final model its at another location.

So long as it's somewhere on there, it'll make me happy :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's on there, but we don't know whats exposed on it, so don't go plugging your chatboards into it just yet :)

lol2232 posted on Sep 2 2005 at 09:39 AM said:
MAN I WANT WIFI SO MUCH ON THIS THING!

Same hear, for surfing the web, email, chating, and multi-player games. I would much rather have that then the extra 32mb of ram.

greven posted on Sep 2 2005 at 09:46 AM said:
I have a arcgos 20GB, since it is recognise as an externel HDD by windows, will i be able to plug it to the GP2X to access it ?

It is a possiblity IF your hardrive is not powered over usb, so if you have a giant brick then maybe. Someone would have to write a program to do so, or there be a hack or something. But really whats the point that really kills the portability, maybe if you could use a flash drive it would make more sense.

Of course its easy to make a battery powered usb 'extender' ie. a male usb port to female usb port with added power from a battery pack (9v battery, a few AA's....)

gp32_console <---{battery}---< <[usb thumb drive]

Ruune posted on Sep 2 2005 at 05:13 PM said:
Of course its easy to make a battery powered usb 'extender' ie. a male usb port to female usb port with added power from a battery pack (9v battery, a few AA's....)

gp32_console <---{battery}---< <[usb thumb drive]

Ya and then for where the usb thumbdrive is it is a usb wifi drive.

gp32_console <---{battery}---< <[usb wifi thumb drive]

Then it is already running linux so you make a browser then poof internet.

Ruune posted on Sep 2 2005 at 05:13 PM said:
Could you explain in-depth how that would work?

The USB socket is powered, not sure what voltage but I think it's around 5v. if you plugged in a battery to the socket, it would feed directly back into the unit and any power the unit doesn't need can also charge the internal batteries.

Back