Gpx2 Final Name Announcement Delayed

greven

Website
Visit site
Dear consumers

We are very sorry but the release of the new product name will be delayed.
In oder to choose the best name,we are racking our brains.
As soon as we made a decision we will let you know.

Thank you,
Anna Hong

all is said ... :( I hope it will not be too long ( do you think they will make a new desgn ? )

greven posted on Aug 26 2005 at 03:44 PM said:
Dear consumers

Thank you,
Anna Hong

all is said ... :( I hope it will not be too long ( do you think they will make a new desgn ? )
I think all the opposite, because although to give a name to the console it can seem something little important, this demonstrates that GPH is a company that is being taken in serious the GPx2 subject, when they hurrying not in this no very important step.

This delay gives very good impression to me, at least a priori :)

Patience &...
Un Saludo.

Last edited by a moderator:
greven posted on Aug 26 2005 at 03:44 PM said:
Dear consumers

Thank you,
Anna Hong

New design? No they are delaying the *name* announcement, not the console ;)

I havent really heard anyone say it yet, but i am sure it is not going to be released on time. Has everyone forgotten about the european release dates that kept getting pushed back and canceled? I know its GPH now but does that make that big of a difference? Hopefully I am wrong and the answer is yes it does make a difference but i am not holding my breath for the release. I will be happy IF it gets released not so much when. Eh?

i agree, though they may not be "technically" gamepark, they sorta still are, so i have little hope in this system being released on time just due to past practice.

DaveC posted on Aug 26 2005 at 07:24 PM said:
New design? No they are delaying the *name* announcement, not the console ;)

The quicker they get the name(s) sorted, the quicker they can manufacture the actual console... :)

I think the "delay" will be over on Monday. That's probably why Craig said he can't say more until then. Because GPH intends to announce the new name then.

And as was said - the GPX2 is NOT delayed. Just the choosing of the new name was delayed.

the release of the new product name will be delayed

And this thread shouldn't be in the news board. At least, not with its current title. Everyone already knew the naming was delayed. This thread title is misleading and makes it sound like the GPX2 system itself is delayed, and that could start negative rumors.

Prophet posted on Aug 26 2005 at 06:36 PM said:
I think the "delay" will be over on Monday. That's probably why Craig said he can't say more until then. Because GPH intends to announce the new name then.

And as was said - the GPX2 is NOT delayed. Just the choosing of the new name was delayed.

the release of the new product name will be delayed

And this thread shouldn't be in the news board. At least, not with its current title. Everyone already knew the naming was delayed. This thread title is misleading and makes it sound like the GPX2 system itself is delayed, and that could start negative rumors.

Though i agree with you, though this is GPH, its still a remnant of Gamepark, so even though at this time the system is not delayed, to have such a delay happen would not be unexpected, just due to past practice. If what i read was true that GPH was responsible for the European release, then i guess we're all in trouble. Until then, I guess only time will tell.

I think it'll take them a while to sort out all the possibilities, narrow it down, eliminate the duplicates (some of them were entered a half dozen times or more), See which ones have real marketable potential, etc.... I think it'll just take another week or so personally. I'm sure the unit will be released not too long after.

trooper posted on Aug 26 2005 at 11:21 PM said:
Given the reasons for the name change, I still hope they stay with GPx2, They would be silly not to.

Trooper

I agree. But I wonder if there's a legal issue with GamePark? Perhaps that's why they need to change their name and not use the "GP" moniker in the device name? Maybe they're not allowed to use "GamePark" anymore after a certain date? Just a theory.

Or maybe it's just wanting to discern themselves from GamePark, so customers don't get confused. Either way, I can understand why they need to change. But yeah, GPX2 seemed fine to me as well - even the logo in the renders looked cool.

Sorry, i hope i didn't make you worry. It is just that i was used to the gamepark behaviour (the famous european launch has been delayed for a long time..) but it indeed seems that they have made a great progress , they are closer to the consummer...

Did some of you guys actually look at some of the suggestions people were submitting to the contest? Youch! Some of them were JUST too stupid to be believed.

Fyvve posted on Aug 26 2005 at 12:47 PM said:
I havent really heard anyone say it yet, but i am sure it is not going to be released on time. Has everyone forgotten about the european release dates that kept getting pushed back and canceled? I know its GPH now but does that make that big of a difference? Hopefully I am wrong and the answer is yes it does make a difference but i am not holding my breath for the release. I will be happy IF it gets released not so much when. Eh?

You're from Kansas City, Missouri?

I'm from Bartlesville, Oklahoma, you're the first person I've seen on these boards that's from the same part of the country as me....

Back