Gpsudoku V1.1 Released

Muffinman

Still Fresh
Hi!

The latest version of GPSudoku (v1.1) is available from here:

http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,25,721

New features include.
- Background music (plays Protracker modules, uses modlib by CHN)
- Display puzzles with numbers, letters or colours.
- Over 12000 puzzles, split over 6 difficulty levels.
- New solve option to fill in pencil marks automatically.
- Minor bug fixes

All feedback welcome. Enjoy!

Muffinman

Great work - this really is one of the finest things on the GP32. One suggestion I have that I would like to see implemented would be to have a record of stats kept - e.g proportion of puzzles completed for each difficulty and best time.

I looked at the readme file links and still not sure how to play but this game looks cool. Can some one explain in layman terms or show a simple example on how this game is played?

try the ingame tutorial; its very helpful and well done

speaking of wich, this game is great! thanks for your work Muffinman; glad to see an update :)

digitaljez posted on Jul 25 2005 at 03:53 PM said:
Like the spotz option ;)
On my blue+ the B button no longer puts in the pencil marks
This only seems to be a problem with the initial game - start a new game and it then works

Last edited by a moderator:
digitaljez posted on Jul 25 2005 at 03:27 PM said:
digitaljez posted on Jul 25 2005 at 03:53 PM said:
Like the spotz option ;)
On my blue+ the B button no longer puts in the pencil marks
This only seems to be a problem with the initial game - start a new game and it then works

Hi,
Seems to be working ok on mine - flu. Did you have this problem with the earlier version? If not, try deleting the gpmm\gpsudoku directory and try again. Failing that, I have no idea :( Has anyone else had this problem?

Sorry for pinching the spotz style - was hoping to put it in the first version, but ran out of time before the comp. It's for all those people that can't do sudoku because there's too many numbers! (like my wife...)

WhizzBang posted on Jul 24 2005 at 11:00 PM said:
Great work - this really is one of the finest things on the GP32. One suggestion I have that I would like to see implemented would be to have a record of stats kept - e.g proportion of puzzles completed for each difficulty and best time.

It's a nice idea, although I'm not sure how to implement it.

Save states make it difficult to keep the best time, especially if you go down the wrong path and need to reload from an earlier game. I tried adding an autosave every time you go into the menu that could then log the time, but it makes it a bit slow.

The problem is similar for the stats in that it would be too easy to cheat - you could start a game, save it, use the 'solve' option, turn off the GP, and reload your saved game knowing how to complete the puzzle.

I'm open to suggestions though B)

Muffinman posted on Jul 25 2005 at 06:14 PM said:
Hi,
Seems to be working ok on mine - flu. Did you have this problem with the earlier version? If not, try deleting the gpmm\gpsudoku directory and try again. Failing that, I have no idea :( Has anyone else had this problem?

Sorry for pinching the spotz style - was hoping to put it in the first version, but ran out of time before the comp. It's for all those people that can't do sudoku because there's too many numbers! (like my wife...)
If anyone else has this problem just saving a game over the first slot cured it for me - and I got to keep all the other saves. Great job Muffinman.

allright, nice one. Liked the GBAX version a lot, so this one, too. One thing tho, that I never understood:

what's the scribblepad for? I mean, i "scribble" my numbers into the boxes, so I don't see what the scribblepad is for. Enlighten me, please.

anyways, now that you are here: congrats to your 1st place in the GBAX compo. Came rather unexpected but you still deserved it.

Horscht posted on Jul 25 2005 at 10:16 PM said:
allright, nice one. Liked the GBAX version a lot, so this one, too. One thing tho, that I never understood:

what's the scribblepad for? I mean, i "scribble" my numbers into the boxes, so I don't see what the scribblepad is for. Enlighten me, please.

anyways, now that you are here: congrats to your 1st place in the GBAX compo. Came rather unexpected but you still deserved it.

On pen+paper, I always run out of space trying to put possible numbers in the boxes, so tend to work with a bit of scrap paper. When I did the GP version, I figured that it would be difficult to use without a spare working area, hence the scribblepad.

As it happens, I don't use it much either - scribbling numbers straight into the boxes works quite well! Although it's still useful for the more complex puzzles in case you need to jot down several groups of numbers together.

Thanks for the congrats - 1st place certainly was unexpected!

Congrats on your win and thanks for the new version of sudoku - I love the colours/letters option cos, like your other half, I don't do numbers, but i'm becoming addicted to it now! B)

This is absolutly great. The look is very professional and it offers a lot of fun. Thank you very much. A must have.

Back