Release gPodder (release)

freamon

From the website: gPodder is a podcatcher. i.e. it allows podcast (RSS) feeds to be subscribed to, checking for new episodes and allowing the podcast to be saved locally for later listening.

Now available from the repo (link in my sig)

It's a bit slow - it can take a while to launch (particularly the very first time you run it) and to update lists, but it seems to work well otherwise.

From the website: gPodder is a podcatcher. i.e. it allows podcast (RSS) feeds to be subscribed to, checking for new episodes and allowing the podcast to be saved locally for later listening.

Now available from the repo (link in my sig)

It's a bit slow - it can take a while to launch (particularly the very first time you run it) and to update lists, but it seems to work well otherwise.
Thanks for this, I was hoping somebody might port this. Will try it out when I get my pandora back from Ed.

PS - I found the program to be slow on my desktop pc as well, so I don't think it's solely a pandora issue

CJ

Hi,

Have my pandora back now, so was able to try this. Downloads seem to work fine, but if I click on 'play' it launches the media player and streams ok but for some reason it is silent (at least for me)

any ideas?

CJ

I just fired up deadbeef and added the gpodder download folder (which is inside the pnd afaik) as a playlist. Works a treat, although you have to have gpodder open for it to work.

I haven't investigated much, but sticking downloaded files somewhere more sensible would make this a good setup.

I was trying to figure out how to change the default audio player to deadbeef, but after looking at the launcher shortcut on the desktop... it looks complicated!

Back