Gplynx - Atari Lynx

tuskenraider2k

Certified Guru
Hi',

Here small bugfixes for the isue with the starting of a game and the message with the bootrom thing.. :-/ sorry

i have still found a gug.

i changed my autorun.txt to disable audio. but with disabled audio, i can't load saved games.
also i remember that i couldn't create save-files with audio=0 in an empty saves-folder. maybe that is fixed now, i didn't tried it again.
but for proper work, audio must be enabled in the autorun.txt and it can be disabled after the emu is started. - very strange

Much better though, now it works fine, no auto button press and the "chugging" and crashing in Gates of Zendocon is fixed :)

The poping sound and flicker is a result of a buss bandwith thing. This can be fixed by improving the speed by cleaning more code I think.

Thanks for the update.

I've bugfixed some small things and reorganized the 'System', The flickering seems to be reduced and it is a bit faster :)

I tried this now. Yes this is much improved! the flicker is gone or reduced in most games :) Fantastic, thanks for the great work on this emulator. I never thought I would see near perfect Lynx on the GP32, GREAT! :)

Robotron actually plays well on this as long as you select control option "a".

???

I put this later version in my GP32 and notice notice no improvement, but now my save games will not work. Comes up with some illegal opcode and emu hangs.

oops, i completely missed that release...
i will try it later today, i just tested it fora few minutes. and yes, i can't load savestates as well.

I noticed that if you go back and forth between menus that the emu will lock up sometimes while playing with the settings like gamma, clock speed etc. It seems fine as long as you stay in a game though. It is not a big deal. I haven't tried to load a save yet though.

Also when saving it locked up because the extra power needed to write to the card plus the OCing (150) were too much as the batteries were getting low. It would be a good option to have the emu automatically drop to 60 MHz when saving and then go back to the speed set in the config when going back to the game. DrMD and other emus do this and it seems to work.

Another nice thing would be the possibility to have the ROM list wrap. So if you are at the first game and want to get to the last one you could press up on the stick and it would go to the last game without having to scroll through the whole list. Same if you are at the bottom, if you continue to press down it would wrap around to the first in the list.

I didn't notice any increase in performance with the latest version, as a matter of fact I noticed one drawback and that is the sound is much more crackly/staticy... since I dont use saves on these games I've no reason to stick with it so went back to version e .....

This emu runs FANTASTIC at 180mhz :)

bast525 posted on Apr 21 2005 at 06:48 PM said:
I didn't notice any increase in performance with the latest version, as a matter of fact  I noticed one drawback and that is the sound is much more crackly/staticy... since I dont use saves on these games I've no reason to stick with it so went back to version e .....

This emu runs FANTASTIC at 180mhz :)

It doesn't flicker as much, speed is about the same. Try Crystal mines for example, it used to flicker like hell. Now it is only slightly there. I don't think you can ever get rid of all flicker though, even DrMD has it a little. The sound seems to crackle the same as before didn't notice it being much different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there,

hmmm, sorry it took so long :-o,

but now I could work on with the GPLynx emu.

The new version is under http://www.pelle7.de/uml_index.php?open=emu

THE FLICKERING PROBLEM IS STILL THERE

But with 156mHz and frameskip 2 some games work with sound in fullspeed :)
- Chip's Challenge
- Gates of zendecon

If you activate the fps, you see now two values. The first value is the sync to the sound.

If the game runs nearly about 100%, you should avtivate the sound with "on with sync".
Otherwise disable it or activate it with "on".

For some slow emulated games it's although quite nice.
F.e.: Slimeworld

Regards,

TuskenRaider

Thanks again. I love this emulator and you did great work on it. I will try later after work. :)

Thanks tuskenraider, you've done a great job on this emu! As for the flickering being possibly bandwidth related, does that mean you'll be upgrading to a GP2X? And bringing GPLynx with you? ;) :D

Okay, I just tried to compile the project with -O1 and it 'only' runs 9% slower (i think)

BUT:
It doesn't flicker anymore !!!!

Perhaps I tested wrong or something else is much slower..

Here is the fxe

Back