Gph Skinmaker Export Problem.

techFreak

Website
Visit site
I made a skin and tested it on GPH Skin Maker. It works fine but when I press F8 to export .gps file it gives a file around 31Kb. It doesn't work on my GP2X too. Any ideas where i am doing wrong?

I made a skin and tested it on GPH Skin Maker. It works fine but when I press F8 to export .gps file it gives a file around 31Kb. It doesn't work on my GP2X too. Any ideas where i am doing wrong?

The .gps file is quite small when created... did you remember to create a folder on your NAND called skin (case sensitive)? If so, you should be able to go to settings, system and choose the skin from this list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I can load other skins to my GP2X. The problem is that I can not create my skins. The skin files are quite small like 31Kb. I think this size is smaller than a single .png file. When I put this file in skin directory, I can see it from Settings / System menu. When I select it, it simply loads the default skin.

Same problem. I export the skin, and get a 2kb gps file. There is clearly not a single graphic included in it.

Same problem. I export the skin, and get a 2kb gps file. There is clearly not a single graphic included in it.
I've been playing around with this a bit now and it appears that it only saves the files to the gps if they have been changed so if you only change 1 image that's all that is saved to the GPS. This explains why if you try to just export the included default skin you end up with a GPS of only 2kb.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the subject of the Skin Maker, is there a way to change the icon locations?

I tried scaling button.png and that gave me smaller icons, but the centres remained the same.

Back