GPDs available :)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, another GPD-Thread - but not about the GPD Win this time ;)

The shop has become an official reseller of GPD products, and we already got them in stock:
https://www.dragonbox.de/en/105-gpd

They have a clean Android incl. Google Play Store and some apps included, the ROM downloaders and emulators are removed from our version (but you can easily install any emulator anyways).

The quality is not the best, but they're pretty good for the price.
So if you're looking for a nice Android Gaming device, check them out :)

I'd also mention it has a physical button for the gamepad overlay.
Mapping the hardware buttons to anywhere on the screen is easy.

I have one for testing and compared it with the New 3DS XL.
Build quality is I'd say 90% - 95% of the 3DS. 3DS has slightly better shoulder buttons. Joysticks are pretty good but I personally prefer the CirclePad and C-stick of the 3DS (but that's because I'm used to it)
The rest is great-
It's the best Android gaming device I know. So if anyone wants such a thing I'd highly recommend it.

Only thing I miss is good games.Seriously, Android has thousands of games but for me they don't reach Nintendo quality..
And for emulation I have the Pandora and soon the Pyra...

Build quality is I'd say 90% - 95% of the 3DS. 3DS has slightly better shoulder buttons. Joysticks are pretty good but I personally prefer the CirclePad and C-stick of the 3DS (but that's because I'm used to it)
That already sounds like a way better build quality the Pandora ever had (which I put into ~50% of the average 3DS build quality), not bad for a "cheap China device". :D They get better it seems. ^^

I haven't tried them yet, will you also have one of these at gamescom this year for people to try?

Yes.

That already sounds like a way better build quality the Pandora ever had (which I put into ~50% of the average 3DS build quality), not bad for a "cheap China device". :D They get better it seems. ^^

Hmm, as far as I have seen, it's a bit better, yes. Not sure it's that much.

What's an issue with all these chinese devices is the quality control.
On random testing, I found one with a horrible squeaking hinge and more than half of them seem to have fingerprints all over the screen (they don't seem to use gloves when testing them).

What's an issue with all these chinese devices is the quality control.
On random testing, I found one with a horrible squeaking hinge and more than half of them seem to have fingerprints all over the screen (they don't seem to use gloves when testing them).
Try silicone oil for the squeeking issue. ;)

Minecraft works out of the box, what else do you need :D
i got one, looking forward to try more!

Minecraft works out of the box, what else do you need :D
i got one, looking forward to try more!
???
You mean this Boardwalk for Android for real Minecraft?
Or do you mean Minecraft Pocket Edition?

We have real Minecraft on the GHZ Pandora fluid with many Tweaks and on the Pyra it will become 100Percent playable with Time and PtitSeb :D

For those asking, pocket edition minecraft, there is a on screen keyboard or use external (does this thing have bluetooth?) Since it seems we have root access maybe one can overclock it to run more advanced stuff like dreamcast and ps1. Had to go to work before i could play with it much,

For those asking, pocket edition minecraft, there is a on screen keyboard or use external (does this thing have bluetooth?) Since it seems we have root access maybe one can overclock it to run more advanced stuff like dreamcast and ps1. Had to go to work before i could play with it much,

checking around, I guess it doesn't have bluetooth, well I was making a joke really, the GPD XD just isn't the device for me as I'm mostly into Linux command line things, classic computer emulation and what not. Having to lug around an external keyboard defeats the convenience of mobility.

Looking at the specs it should be able handle Dreamcast and PS1 emulation without overclocking with ease.

Hi,

I am thinking of ordering the Blue GPD XD 32 GB version now.

Would like to know if the Blue version is old stock, meaning you have had it for X amount of time.

I have read on forums that the Blue color came first and those are to be avoided as they have numerous quality issues.

Whereas the Black version are usually sold out and get restocked more often, so they get fresh stock from GPD.

Thanks and please let me know.

Doug

Well, the next batch should've been shipped last Friday (according to GPD), but I haven't heard anything.
They should hopefully arrive within this week.

Back