Gpang, Korean Gaming Phone

jegHegy

Now on LSD!
Website
jeghegy.deviantart.com
2.jpg

promo video here.

http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news_9816.html

will this become the new fashion item of choice, or will it go down like the N-Gage? only time will tell.

It definitely looks a lot better than the N-Gage aestetically. I don't know if I could take a person holding an N-Gage to their ear seriously (original or QD), but this thing looks like a nice gaming system but it still retains a more serious cell phone look to it. I wonder how much power this thing has...

How many want to bet this never sees the light of day outside South Korea? *raises hand*

it's surely by far superior to the Ngage, which isn't difficult ;p

by the way the official website
http://www.gxg.com/
show that Wanna Be Wizard will be ported to this great phone ;p

it all depends on how its marketed. N-Gage was marketed originally as a game deck and shouldn't have been. Yes it plays games, but it should've been marketing as a mobile gaming phone, which it is now, but a little to late. So because it was marketed originally as a game deck, people were disappointed with the screen size and the quality of the games, although not bad, but not as good as a game system. I remember when the N-gage first came out, i played it as being like a GBA, granted, Tomb Raider sucks on the N-gage, i blew it off completely, now 2 years later i own one and love it because its the perfect mobile gaming device for me.

As long as people keep in mind that this is a phone, it should do well.

i thought it was already released, but not in English. Lethe was translating it, but that was a while ago. Not sure if he's still working on it.

Seems to have a good lineup of games... An Ys game, I hear thse are good... But I doubt this will ever reach "west". Maybe from places like lik-sang, but if the games are korean... Wonder if it's open?

KickinWing posted on Jul 5 2005 at 12:47 PM said:
i thought it was already released, but not in English. Lethe was translating it, but that was a while ago. Not sure if he's still working on it.
Yeah, Lethe finished it and sent to to A&B software a long time ago (and received his payment for translating--boxed copy of WBW and a BLU+). Gamepark said it would be released in the spring. Here we are in the summer and still no sign of the English version.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats what i thought, but wasn't sure. It would be a shame to not see this game at all, they should at least put it on the website as a downloadable game if they don't have any intentions of boxing it.

Yeah, I don't care about getting a boxed version--actually, I'd prefer to NOT have one. It's so nice being able to have all my commercial games on one card. But yeah, I'll be pretty angry if this never comes out in English because there's simply no reason not to.

Just like Pinball Fantasies... *grumbles*

shinneri posted on Jul 5 2005 at 08:04 PM said:
yeah, I'll be pretty angry if this never comes out in English because there's simply no reason not to.

Just like Pinball Fantasies... *grumbles*

yeah even the most optimistic supporters of this english version like me start to feel like we'll never get it ;(
it makes me so sad !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back