Gp32x Went Engrish.

Engrish

Hope that helps.

It wouldn't be the proper way to have put it. The way I typed it is exactly how it shows up in the title (the title of the page that shows up on the very top of your browser) on my browser, which is basically an IE-based browser.

It's always been X-treme... Admittedly not OED level of correctness, but that's what its name has always been, and will always be.

And you can't really correct a name for grammar and spelling.

that is technically a correct sentence I think :p

you could practically change it to "EVERYTHING for your gp32 needs"

no? (English is not my native language but I'm a belgian so my languages should kick ass XD - too bad they don't -_-)

Heh, it was there since the beginning Yep, you are right, it should be "for all your GP32 needs" :) but dont forget that All Your GP32 Belongs to Us ;))

I, like most people probably, never notice things like titles for web pages. I was up late and browsing the homepage, which I almost never do, so I had never noticed that before. But psychologically, most people just correct simple incorrect grammar and misspellings in their minds. So that's probably what most of us did, including me. But then again, like I said, I rarely visit the homepage.

now it says
"GP32 Xtreme - News, reviews, games, emulators, tools for GamePark32 - the most powerfull handheld ever."

except "powerfull" is supposed to be spelled "powerful" XD

Efompor posted on Mar 6 2004 at 06:56 PM said:
now it says
"GP32 Xtreme - News, reviews, games, emulators, tools for GamePark32 - the most powerfull handheld ever."

except "powerfull" is supposed to be spelled "powerful" XD
i've noticed that before, i was just too lazy to comment

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed but I thought it was intentional. Since this handheld is Korean based, I thought it was kind of a nod to engrish. A humorous little addition. I personally like it and think it should stay like that. It gave me a chuckle the first time I went to the site.

you could practically change it to "EVERYTHING for your gp32 needs"

Yes but ALL and EVERYTHING are not always interchangeable

All is a quantity, it needs a noun to be whole (All cars, All people, etc...). Everything is more global, its equivlent to "All Things"

ALL: Being or representing the entire or total number, amount, or quantity

EVERYTHING: All things or all of a group of things.

To be proper english it should be:
  • "Everything for your gp32 needs"
    or
    "All Things for your gp32 needs"
    or
    "For All your gp32 needs"
As it stands now, All is missing the noun its refering to. Although I think it should stay like that. It gives it character.

Akuma no Houkon posted on Mar 6 2004 at 02:07 PM said:
  • "Everything for your gp32 needs"
    or
    "All Things for your gp32 needs"
    or
    "For All your gp32 needs"
As it stands now, All is missing the noun its refering to. Although I think it should stay like that. It gives it character.
the top two don't sound grammatically correct. lol

"Main screen turn on!"

Last edited by a moderator:
They dont sound good, no, and by themselves they are not proper. They have become common usage however. There are many things that are improper english yet have become semi-proper due to the increasing usage of them,(i.e. mispoken/written phrases like "Becarefull what you wish for")

I would, however, use the 3rd example if you wanted proper english. Although I like it how it is, it gives it...character.

Back