GP32 Gp32ide With Mirko's Sdk Integrated

Axeman

Axemeister
Website
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I've had several requests to make available the setup that I use, with devitadv and Mirko's SDK and Alessandro's GP32IDE working with it all. I can use either SDK with this setup, which is great for experimentation for beginner coders (like me!). This may seem like a simple matter to many of you experienced coders, but it took me a while to get it all working, and I'd like to pass it on (if anyone's interested!). If so, I'll make up some basic docs to explain how to install it and test it, and some of the things I had to do to get it working.

If you're interested, let me know, and I may even make up an installer or something, to really make it easy for people :p

Cheers

BTW: Edited to make it more clear...

You already know what I think :) as I am the one that pmed you. I'm all confused at setting up because im not smart :(.

Also put this in the develops corner so you can get more people(I know you've been moving it back and forth as I'v typed this three times :).

Yeah, please. I tried to set up the IDE, and, well, I've yet to hit the spot lol; what I've got at the moment does enough of the trick, but it isn't perfect...

Yo yo yo!
Good news for you all.. I've added the support for the MrMirko's SDK in my IDE ;) and also for minigp.

New features have been added, but I'm testing them before realese the new version; just to inform you, there are new features in the wizard, the menu items have been reorganized and a lot of new small things, and bugfix :p

I want to add some new stuff, and I hope to give it away in the next week ;)

BTW: I was lloking for cool icons to put in the program.. if somebody have, please submit to me, and if I like them, I'll add in the next versions.. and... now that the compo is over... is there any chance to get help for the help files from sombody? ;)

Stay tuned
Alessandro

I'd like to see a linux version as well. I remember you said this was not your plan, Alessandro.
Is there anyone else interested?

I would definately like to be able to use Mr Mirko's SDK with GP32iDE (simply because the tutorials for Mr Mirko seem the clearest - can't remember who wrote them but they did a good job!), either using Axeman's fix or waiting for the official release (great work, Alessandro!).
I've been learning C from a mixture of books borrowed from my Uni library. While they've all been useful for coding itself, none of them have had explainations about makefiles and all the other compiler shenanigans, so I have no clue how to edit the makefiles and jig the compiler setings to do this myself. I'm sure I'll get there eventually, but in the meantime this will be a lifesaver!

I have a couple of simple games (Conway's game of Life and another one) coded in C using text output as the display on the PC, so once I get simple graphics sorted on the GP I shoul be able to finish and release them very easily. The only downside is that I can see this developing into another distraction from revision... and I can't resit this year's exams *Gulp!*.

Have fun,
Melville

PS: The length of my posts and use of parenthesis is roughly proportional to how much work I have to do. Can you tell I'm avoiding revision? :)

cyberic posted on May 13 2004 at 02:47 PM said:
I'd like to see a linux version as well. I remember you said this was not your plan, Alessandro.
Is there anyone else interested?
Yep, coz has been developed in Delphi.. not in C...
I mainly use to work in Delphi, PHP... I've left C for console dev and little shell apps...

I've tried VisualC, but it sucks ;( Delphi rocks B)

You, and other Penguin users, could use Kate.. I've used it when I tried to learn QT programming under Linux... It's a great editor.... give it a try ;)

Oh, I forgot.. Have you tried Wine? I tried with some other apps I developed in Delphi, and they run... not yet tested the IDE :p

Later
Alessandro

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for the new SDK to be implemented in Gp32IDE. This is kinda off topic but how fast is Mr. Mirkos SDK compared to the original?

If everything goes well, you'll see it next week. I hope to find some time this week-end to spend with it.
I'd like to fix a couple of things more, then release it... B)

Stay tuned
Alessandro

All that above was 1 month and a week ago, the question now is, where is the new GP32iDE??, we are still awaiting it!

I hope it's because it's getting better and not discontinued. We want to know ! ; )

Cooool :D. Although GP32iDE crashes when I compile. Or it seems to. Everything compiles ok, I just need to restart the program.

I'm using windows 98se btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back