Gp32 Theatre Marathon

spongebue

Website
Visit site
I'm not going to put every update I do with GP32 theatre, but I think this one is worth it. I have decided that from Halloween to Thanksgiving, maybe until Christmas if I gather enough videos ahead of time, I will try to add a video each day. Of course, I will still put videos on that other people submit, but this should really increase the amount of vieos hosted on the site.

Just thought I'd let everyone know,
spongebue

why don't you test the movies before you put them for download? Death Race 2000 doesn't work. I've tried every firmware i got on my GP32 and it still doesn't work.

One way I know of to encode swf to avi is with Quicktime 6 Pro. You can export swf files to avi, but they have no sound, so you must record the sound from the swf-file with another program, and join the sound and the video with VDub.
Didn`t tried this yet.

The other way is, search google for swf2avi, you will find different progs, but none of these worked for me. So give it a try by yourself and tell me, if it worked.

Edit: Oh, and I`m searching for another way (tried TinRa very often, but it didn`t work) to encode real media files (.rm) into avi or mpg. If anybody knows of a good way to do this...

yeah, he used swf2avi. As for testing, I used the same settings and didn't think testing would be all that necessary... guess not. Ill do some more testing and fix those that don't work today (I'm guessing that if the widescreen ones don't work, it's probably because of the widescreen settings, since I only knew about the multiple of 16 rule yesterday)

I should mention that this marathon will probably use the videos from the zodiac equivalent of GP32 theatre, Zodiac Presents!. This can be a good thing or bad, depending on how you look at it. On one hand, it doesn't show much effort on my part, but, on the other, it increases the chance of the marathon increasing until Christmas.

actually, I was going to put up movies that I found (even if they are from Zodiac Presents!) once daily, and ones from others as they come, so they'll probably be added instantly.

Goity posted on Oct 3 2004 at 05:09 PM said:
i'm just trying out swf2avi now

edit:i cant find the output file

LOL!
The output files is what comes out of the encoder utility, so you can`t find it, until you have made it :D Just type in the directory and name, where the file should be, and how it should be named :) like c:\test.avi or sth like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
i now realise it only outputs jpegs... when you then convert it to avi it is terrible quality so i wont bother with it.

ooooooh... I found a site that lists a bunch of PD movies, not just videos. If I can get a P2P program, I'll not only have a lot of videos and likely be able to have this go until Christmas, but many videos will be full length movies.

I have P2p software. If you could tell me the address i could encode you some.

Ive Encoded Some Trailers for various Games, I got Doom 3 and Fairly odd parents so far, Do you want them? They Definetly Work Because I tested them.

Back