GP32 screen doesn't fit well

V0ID

Still Fresh
I just received my gp32 from GBAx and it seems that the screen doesn't fit too well. There appears to be a gap between the bottom of the screen and the grey plastic. I noticed this because of the shadow cast on the display by what I think is the edge of the screen. It is most noticable with the flu turned on.

I was wondering if this was a common problem with the gp32? Does anyone else have a gp32 with a poorly fitted sceen?

Or maybe it isn't the screen at all. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks as it has been a long day, but it does look as if there is a gap between the bottom of the screen and the grey plastic. Maybe it is something to do with the flu.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

THE V0ID

I believe its a problem with the FLU units. The light is added afterwards, and the quality of the fitting seems to vary quite a lot.

I don't really know, but www.gbax.com does have a guide to lifting the screen off to replace its cover. I haven't taken mine apart, but some other people on this board have so they may be able to give a bit more advice.

Sounds like someone at www.gbax.com didn't do his front light installing job right send it back telling them whats wrong. You should install the light yourself. So you can make sure its right the way you want it.

GameTeck posted on Jul 27 2003 said:
Sounds like someone at www.gbax.com didn't do his front light installing job right send it back telling them whats wrong. You should install the light yourself. So you can make sure its right the way you want it.
Game park themselves install the FLU units, Not gbax.com. <_<
Gbax.com (craig) are distributers, They don`t build the machine.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a bit of a gap on mine between the gray plastic on the inside and the white plastic on the outside. Is this what you're talking about? It's really very minor.

Why are some of the FLU assemblers copying the sunken/loose screen from the SP? Silly assemblers! Defects are for gameboys!

Back