GP32 Gp32 Scrabble

Winterkid

Website
Visit site
Need to find someone who can take all my graphics and weave their GP32 magic to make the game live.

Also need to find a dictionary file, maybe something ported from a spellchecker routine or something to cross check words.

Also working on a Monopoly Clone set of graphics and game board to work with, dice and all.

charga_man posted on Mar 22 2005 at 01:10 PM said:
i can do graphics but my computer is abit bust so i can only use paint...

if you want help just pm me

I don't think that's the point ¬_¬

What I think he means is that he needs someone to take the graphics that he made himeself and make a game out of it. And that person is most certainly not me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a Scrabble dictionary for the GP32:

scrab1.gif

scrab2.gif

but haven't bothered releasing it yet as I'm not sure its really of any use to anyone else.
But I've got a couple of lists of official scrabble words if they are needed. To be honest though, for Scrabble on the GP, I just use the GBC version, which is pretty excellent and something that my mediocre skills certainly couldn't improve on.

Attachments

• scrab1.gif
    scrab1.gif
    3 KB · Views: 108
  • scrab2.gif
    scrab2.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 102
Making Scrabble clones is very difficult, particularly on such a small screen I would imagine. The interface would take ages to make (if you want it to be good) and then there's the question of implementing the rules, checking words against a dictionary, working out scores (including all the 'special' squares like Double Word Value), working out whether the user has placed a tile in a legal place, etc etc.

taras posted on Mar 26 2005 at 02:50 PM said:
Making Scrabble clones is very difficult, particularly on such a small screen I would imagine. The interface would take ages to make (if you want it to be good) and then there's the question of implementing the rules, checking words against a dictionary, working out scores (including all the 'special' squares like Double Word Value), working out whether the user has placed a tile in a legal place, etc etc.

Actually I can help with the game engine; it's the GUI side of things I find difficult myself.

Have a look here and see if there's anything you can adapt...

http://www.gtoal.com/wordgames/scrabble.html

- G

Last edited by a moderator:
Back