Gp32 Frodo C64 Project - Can You Help?

Antiriad

Website
Visit site
Hello C64 fans, would you like to join a project that I and Frolik have in its formative stages?

As we know the excellent GP32 port of Frodo due to its source material is not the most compatible of C64 emulators and often a title will crash not because of the game itself but the way its loaded or due tp the hackers. Therefore you can find one version of a game fails to work, whilst another works fine.

As such I propose that GP32 owners band together to organise a collection of our favourite games that we know work.

Between I and Frolik weve managed to get about around 250 certified GP32 Frodo friendly games but there are still plenty out there which we have yet to have a working version of or for that matter have even thought of.

Just to elaborate - were not trying to get every C64 game ever made working but the classics: the best and most well known games made by the major software houses.

As Im aware that this board rightly does not wish to condone or participate in this kind of venture I simply ask therefore that if youre interested in helping, simply email/private message I or Frolik and we can progress from there.

Hey thatll be ok.

Im going to knock up two lists: a Working one and a Wanted one which will be sent to you or put up on the web. Using that youll be able to see what you can add. From there pm Frolik.

And youre welcome to add to the Wanted list with games such as Hopping Mad.

We want to get the attention of all the C64 fans out there, or anyone who uses frodo on their gp32. If we put a site up based on this, we want to know if folks are interested and if it's worthwhile

I'm sure there's been loads of threads about frodo not running such-and-such a game, and there's various ways of getting them going, if we share our findings we'll all be better off

any ideas or comments are also welcome

:)

I am interested in this, but I only play a handful of C64 games so I do not know if I can contribute anything until I see your list. At the moment, I usually play Commando on GP32 Frodo.

What can you do with frodo? I know its an emulator of the C64 but what are some good programs for it? I heard there is more than just games since it is a computers emulator. What are some of the good ones?

Enslaved posted on Apr 29 2004 at 01:23 PM said:
What can you do with frodo? I know its an emulator of the C64 but what are some good programs for it? I heard there is more than just games since it is a computers emulator. What are some of the good ones?
Impossible Mission, Paradroid, Uridium, Bubble Bobble, Willow Pattern Adventure are a few decent games worth trying. For more info pop over to www.lemon64.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive knocked up a small website listing working and wanted games which is work in progress right now, when its finished Ill post a link here.

Ill also knock up a Dat using ClearMAMEPro so people can scan their C64 collections (prefereably TOSEC) and get the files that way.

hey guys - i have probably about 4000+ games on my pc - where would you like them?

Just an off beat question:

What file format do most people use when using C64 roms, .d64, .prg or t.64. I used to use the d.64 coas they are the more common ones, but i have started hunting for .t64 ones and now my collection of roms is around 3 quarters of .t64, .prg and 1 quater of .d64. I hated the .d64 file taking up 170k just for a C64 game! 40-odd K for a game is much better and less space taking.

If only Maniac Mansion and the EPYX 'games' series would work ...

California Games, Summer Games 1&2, Winter, World ... etc etc

At least the Last Ninja's work.. though I think there are disk change over probs?

The GP32 Frodo Games Project website is now up! :) Weve got 369 working games to begin with and an initial wanted list based on our own personal preferences. If you have a working version of one of these let us know and it can be added for everyone to benefit from!

Equally, if one of your faves isnt covered post a request on our message board and it will be added to the list.

Ive created a CMP dat which can be downloaded from the site so you can scan your C64 collections and put aside the Frodo friendly versions. This will get updated as when our working list is.

So if you want to know more ;) get in contact with us via the email address provided on the website.

stomm and NiN^_^NiN - email Frolik via the websites email address or PM him here.

CU_Amiga, right now, as Frodo doesnt support Zips we also tend to prefer t64s and prgs due to their smaller size and they often being more compatible (no daft loading routines).

done so - i've emailed said peep....

the gutted thing i found was paradroid worked - but there was an underlying hiss noise all the way through me playing it.

gutted.

thats the only game i ever need really.

edit: have to say btw - the site looks amazing

What i might do is when i recieve back my GP32 i will put a list of games that are still in .d64 and ask if there is a .t64 or .prg available that exists and works.

Sounds like a good site, i will check it.

Cheers,

The site looks fantastic.

I'll put my mind to it soon. I've found that some versions of certain games work, and others don't, so I'll endeavour to indicate which version (eg blast disk, fairlight etc) I actually got working.

C64 is about all I've been playing lately - damn, Katakis is good, although its murder on my failing button membrane (which I hope Gamepark fix with the BLU). Lucky I have a spare :p

Hey sorry i havent had time been woring on my novel for the gp32.

I'll send u an access database with all the games i know of.

The database has game title year company etc if it's available :)

send to you soon.

Also do you know if pink panther game has been dumped? i have the cass here and i havent seen it for download anywhere so i might archive it.

:ph34r:

Back