Gp32 Emus Dat

Wolfsclaw

can't be longer than 2 months right?
Website
Visit site
http://mitglied.lycos.de/emuscene/gp32emus.xml
Rightclick -> Save target

Here is my one-day-work DAT file for the tool Offlinelist 0.7x , with this you are able to manage all emulators released for the GP32 (well, i hope so) :)

WHAT is Offlinelist?
---------------------------
In first case, offlinelist is a ROM manager. NO, this tool doesnt spread any links for ROMs or something, so its 100% legal.
Currently it supports GBA, GBC, GB, PCE, SMS, VirtualBoy (VB), Chip 8 etc. and now the emus for gp32.
Once loaded in OL and set a few options, you can rightclick a emulator in the list and extract it to a directory or, if you use a smc card reader/writer or gpdrive, directly to your SMC.

HOW to i set up the thing?
---------------------------------
First, go here and download the current OL version.
Then download my DAT file here:
mitglied.lycos.de/emuscene/gp32emus.xml (rightclick -> save target) to your desktop or smth.

Then, go to offlinelist and click on the button down with the name "DAT" and go to "Import" and select my DAT. Then be sure you unchecked everything and close the window. Select "GP32 emulators v1" down there and youll see all emulators avaible, if you didnt do anything wrong :ph34r:

Finally, the settings.
Go Tools -> Options and
- in "General" change nothing
- in "Options" enable Company, Comment and Language
- in "ROM Naming" type %n
- in Proxy dont do anything
- In "Renamer" check "Use Renamer" and "Browse subfolders", but uncheck "Move unknown files" and "Rename ROMs inside zip files"
Under verified rom folder choose a folder where all the emulators should go in.
- In Zip you can do what thou want
- In "modules" disable Trimmer (if its there)
- In "Plugins" enable Extractor only, if you dont see this go to the OL page and download the plugin.

Now press OK. You'll see a Access Violation Error, i dont know how to fix this but it doesnt do anything. Go to Cancel instead of that, all settings are saved anyway.

Go to ROMs -> add new roms or press F9.
Now choose all the emus you have. they will be moved in the emu folder you choosed in the options and they wil be zipped. Also, they will be green or yellow marked in the list.
after you choosed all press F8 (this will rename some emus which arent correctly named) and youre all set up (hopefully).

Now you can rightclick any emu you have and select extractor -> extract rom to... and choose the folder where you want it.

Quite a long explanation but i want to go sure everyone understands :ph34r:
and btw its named v1 cuz' pictures are not yet included but hopefully in a v2 :)

well, i dont think so.
but, if youre using a smc writer/reader you can transfer the files to the smc anyway (even if its not 8.3) and the gp32 will display it in 8.3
example:
the file vba32emualtor.fxe has been transfered to smc.
the gp32 will read it as vba32e~1.fxe but it still works.

i havent tried gpdrive (have a smc writer) but it should be the same?

anyway, for me its very useful :)

Back