• Select hides/shows the tool bar
  • Thinner scroll bars and borders - the open dialog now shows 9 files

Parkydr posted on Mar 10 2007 at 08:29 AM said:
Version 0.4 of GP2Xpdf is now available from GP2X11

New in this release:
  • Start opens/closes the bookmarks dialog
  • Select hides/shows the tool bar
  • Thinner scroll bars and borders - the open dialog now shows 9 files

Regardless of what you've done to it, you rock for just continuing to work on it at all.

Thankyou very much -downloading now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool software: it can be very usefull.
I've just tested with a pdf of London's subway map.

What does "install" X11 server really means ?
Did it copied some file into my GP2X nand memory?
Or does it just means you allways need to have those files on the root of the SD card for the pdf viewer to work ?

The X server has to be installed in the root of the SD to work and GP2Xpdf uses the X server. Nothing is copied into NAND memory, although you can put GP2Xpdf there if you like.

Parkydr, this is a great ebook reading program and rivals anything I've seen on PDAs or dedicated devices.

With the full-screen option now so easily selected with the "Select" button, and therefore the up/down arrows hidden, is there any way that buttons "B" and "A" could do Page Down/Up respectively ?

A isn't a problem, I'm not really sure how useful its current function is. B is more problematic as it is multipurpose.

I suppose an alternative if to use A as a "shift" button so A+L and A+R move whole pages.

The idea of having Select was so you could get to the page you want more quickly, hide the tool bar and then use L+R is continuous mode to scroll from there.

Parkydr posted on Mar 10 2007 at 09:13 PM said:
A isn't a problem, I'm not really sure how useful its current function is. B is more problematic as it is multipurpose.

"A" as a Page down would be great - most of the time that's all you need, and you could just read one-handed, with the GP2X held either horizontally or vertically (I prefer the latter, with the joystick at the top of the page, and it gives you a nicer reading page).
If you did need to go back a page, then you can always reveal the tool bar, put the cursor on the page up and press the "B" button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back