Gp2x Wiz: What Emus Available At Launch?

Accel

Still Fresh
First thread, dunno if its been posted elsewhere, but here goes...

Decided to pre-order a Wiz (for christmas, from me ma) & I was just wondering what sort of emulators are being worked on right now? & which ones will be ready before Xmas Day?

Personally, I'm specifically after the SNES & MD emulators, a NEO-GEO one would be nice, as would MAME, but I wanna played Super Punchout & Megaman X1/2/3 as well as Sonic.

I'm under the understanding that it takes a 'mere' recompiling to get the old F100/F200 EMUs working, but I was just wondering what was going on...

if theres already a thread like this, then mods, feel free to post a link & lock...

Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5oBtSqJaeU
(2:51) In photos on youtube I saw Final Fantasy VI. Could be that Snes-emulator is already there. It seems for me that FPS is 44(or 14) on gp2x f200, and 50-58 on wiz :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I also would like to know which emulators will be available at launch, if any. Homebrews are good, although I'm buying this machine primarily because of emulation. I want to preorder it, and if I don't know for sure that some emulators will be available at launch, I will buy it next year. Of course, that would not be such a bad deal. I can still play with my Game Boy Micro.

i hope gpsp will be ported over - gba games should look great on the new screen, plus most games are already playable on the gp2x so with more cpu speed most games could be running fullspeedish i hope

mju said:
i hope gpsp will be ported over - gba games should look great on the new screen,
Hmm. Only problem is the 320x240 resolution. GBA is 240x160, so on the Wiz you'll either have a very tiny image with correct aspect ratio and clean pixels, or a scaled image with some relatively ugly pixels.

I only ever used gpSP on PSP, where the 480x272 resolution provides a decently smooth looking scaled image.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back