Gp2x Torrents

ManicResin posted on Sep 9 2006 at 08:47 PM said:
icurafu posted on Sep 9 2006 at 05:32 AM said:
You are not allowed to post that here.

Please delete.

(there is history behind it)

whats the history sounds interesting?

There was a thread about this... a while ago. Was made by the creator of the site.

Some people got very angry partically the developers. Some were worried that torrents would be provided that have their executables included with game files. Some were worried that commerial games would be included in torrents in the future. And ofcourse a lot of people were angry that it includes pirated games, movies and roms.

So fair enough. It goes against the rules of the board, so it should never be even mentioned here. It's obvious.

If people feel the need to do that, then there are dodgy places to go to find out. GP32X is not that kind of place.

Last edited by a moderator:
icurafu posted on Sep 9 2006 at 05:53 AM said:

Please delete.

There was a thread about this... a while ago. Was made by the creator of the site.

Some people got very angry partically the developers. Some were worried that torrents would be provided that have their executables included with game files. Some were worried that commerial games would be included in torrents in the future. And ofcourse a lot of people were angry that it includes pirated games, movies and roms.

So fair enough. It goes against the rules of the board, so it should never be even mentioned here. It's obvious.

If people feel the need to do that, then there are dodgy places to go to find out. GP32X is not that kind of place.

i was kinda hoping for a better story than that, you should should make up something cooler

ManicResin posted on Sep 9 2006 at 09:05 PM said:
icurafu posted on Sep 9 2006 at 05:53 AM said:

Please delete.

i was kinda hoping for a better story than that, you should should make up something cooler

What's the point. This thread will be deleted anyway.

It should already be gone!

The full version has sex and drugs involved.

lol yay for sex and drugs...

But seriously, if the guy who runs the site is just a little bit of a decent person and treasures his gp2x as much as we do, I do not believe he will allow the distribution of commercial gp2x games on the site. Would just be very stupid. Pirated roms... meh, you can get them anywhere anyway. I can understand though, that devs don`t want their apps packaged with shit like that.

xnopasaranx posted on Sep 9 2006 at 01:49 PM said:
lol yay for sex and drugs...

But seriously, if the guy who runs the site is just a little bit of a decent person and treasures his gp2x as much as we do, I do not believe he will allow the distribution of commercial gp2x games on the site. Would just be very stupid. Pirated roms... meh, you can get them anywhere anyway. I can understand though, that devs don`t want their apps packaged with shit like that.
Exactly. :)

sam fisher posted on Sep 9 2006 at 05:03 AM said:
I hope he gets shut down by his host. Otherwise it could harm commecial games.
Care to explain how? I'm fairly sure the policy there is to not allow GP2X commercial games.

I think the site provides a good service to the community, though the nature is legally questionable. I understand why the mods here don't want it mentioned, they don't want this site to be associated with any illegal activity. Beyond that, it's a little ridiculous that anyone here would want it shut down outright, as though the only thing they're playing on SquidgeSNES and DrMD are roms released into the public domain.

Ravnos posted on Sep 9 2006 at 05:21 PM said:
I think the site provides a good service to the community, though the nature is legally questionable. I understand why the mods here don't want it mentioned, they don't want this site to be associated with any illegal activity. Beyond that, it's a little ridiculous that anyone here would want it shut down outright, as though the only thing they're playing on SquidgeSNES and DrMD are roms released into the public domain.

Exactly.

Ravnos posted on Sep 9 2006 at 04:21 PM said:
I'm fairly sure the policy there is to not allow GP2X commercial games.

Yeh, there used to be a request for the Vektar game on that site but their reply was

deleted and I will not host commercial gp2x games here so don't bother asking for them.

Thats good that they wont use commercial games. A quick browse of their site basically its just mega rom packs.

I understand gp32x.de not wanting the site directly mentioned and not be affiliated with that in any way but I do think that it provides a good service. as with any torrent site there will be a mix of stuff. rom packs are the main attraction of the site as well as the full versions of some games like doom and others that run from interpreters.

the best thing and most useful is the mame romset and neo geo romset. Its things like these that many gp2x owners try to get other places anyway and this site just makes it easier.

i understand not mentioning the site here or advertising it but I can't see being against the site or wanting it shut down especially if you are among the many gp2x owner who use emulators to play at least some games they don't own.

Ravnos posted on Sep 9 2006 at 04:21 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Sep 9 2006 at 05:03 AM said:
I hope he gets shut down by his host. Otherwise it could harm commecial games.
Care to explain how? I'm fairly sure the policy there is to not allow GP2X commercial games.

Everything ther ecan be got faster elsewhere.

Back