Gp2x Thunder Power Pack (new 3600mah Battery)

thelamer

ARRR I'm A Pirate
Website
www.skankpost.com
From Hardcore-Gamer.net

Google translation from site
Battery of 3600mAh for GP2X. Made using two Thunder Power Pack 5in1 and adapted for its use in GP2X. It fits perfectly and it does not bother for the use of the console, since it is located on the zone of the cover of the batteries. Load from any port USB (cable USB including) (24 hours of load) or using an adapter of PSP current (12 hours of load).
Specifications Weight: 151gr.
Dimensions: 5,5cm x 7cm x 2cm.
Voltage: 3,6v
Capacity: 3600mAh.
Autonomy: 11+ 200 hours to Mhz. 9+ 275 hours to Mhz.
Important: The photos correspond to a prototype. The end item could vary slightly.

battery.jpg

This thing looks awesome who doesn't want this sticking out of their GP2X??

.....why? the size isnt worth it imo.....lets hope the final thing looks better (but i will say this would be good for road trips)

Wait? 3600mAh isn't that less than 2*2700mAh? Or did I just show my embarrasing little knowledge about electronics?

Hmm, or does it work with a different voltage?

Edit: Ahh ok 3,6Volts.

Am I missing something, or couldn't you just take 2 sets of batteries with you instead of having something huge poking out the back of the 2X :p

Hrm...

First Question... how does it manage to stay in? Just the springs clips that normally hold the 2 AA's in? Would be a bummer if the pack fell out mid-game.

Second Question... how the hell can that thing only be 3600 mah? That thing looks like it could hold at least 6 AA's, or even 3 C's. If you take the current top rationg of 2700 mah, put 3 in series for 3.6v then double that in parallel, you would have 5400 mah @ 3.6v. Hell, 2 D cells in series would give you 11,000 mah at 2.4v!

... it does make for a cool built-in stand, no?

... say, speaking of ...

Where the hell is the (commercial version) B.O.B. already?!?!?

A video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NypcfaRvy2E

Last edited by a moderator:
Rivroner posted on Feb 28 2007 at 09:33 PM said:
A video:

[YTB]NypcfaRvy2E[/YTB]

Yet To Buy?
Yellow Tailed Badger?
York Town Butter?

Oh. ;)

TelcoLou posted on Mar 1 2007 at 03:36 AM said:
Rivroner posted on Feb 28 2007 at 09:33 PM said:
A video:

[YTB]NypcfaRvy2E[/YTB]

Yet To Buy?
Yellow Tailed Badger?
York Town Butter?

Oh. ;)

No, this forum does not have youtube labels :D

What's the approximate cost of this bad boy?

11 hours of play time sound incredible, although the charging through USB may be a slight problem, as I never keep my computer on for 24 hours straight, it's old and feeble. This means springing for yet another charger (the PSP one?), too many things really.

Good luck to whoever is doing this, it looks like a great accessory for long travels.

- Alex

I'm tired so this may sound stupid. You charge it from USB right? If so then couldnt you charge it from the GP2X and make a loop.

pool34 posted on Mar 1 2007 at 12:20 AM said:
I'm tired so this may sound stupid. You charge it from USB right? If so then couldnt you charge it from the GP2X and make a loop.

Yeah...that doesn't violate thermodynamics at all...

haha lol, why didn't scientist think of this before? UNLIMITED energy! yeah!

P.S. It's called 5 in 1, I assume they put 5 batteries of 3600 mah in. This will also give a good indication of the battery life. If you were using 3600 mah batteries before, multiply your batterie life by 2.5 and you'll have a good indication of what this thing can do.

TelcoLou posted on Mar 1 2007 at 02:05 AM said:
... it does make for a cool built-in stand, no?

... say, speaking of ...

Where the hell is the (commercial version) B.O.B. already?!?!?

I was hoping you'd mention it so I could quote you (and not have to make a thread about it :p)

So yeah WHERE THE HELL IS THE B.O.B and no I don't mean your friend BOB who is picking his nose right now <_<

Great idea, but I would'nt get one of those until it gets A LOT smaller. The GP2X battery compartment already sticks out a fair bit, so any additional size (and weight) puts me off a bit.

Great work though, I've been hoping for something like this, perhaps there are 3rd party smaller batteries (for phones or something) which could be modified?

I'll be following this with interest...

®

why not get a monkey on a bicycle to generate power on the go?

no but seriously, I think it is too huge. I don't wanna be seen with that sticking out of my precious gp2x in the tube or on the bus. If I wanted that, I could take my gamegear with me.

Back