Gp2x Thumbstick

shiffy

Still Fresh
I've preordered one of these. I have a question regarding the thumbstick.

Is it anything like the stick on the Neo Geo Pocket (the best directional stick of any console)? Will it have the nice positive click the that machine had for it directional stick (anybody who has owned a NGPC will know what I'm talking about!).

Just that I've had a nightmare in that it's going to be like the ps2 anaologue sticks in that
they're very floaty (is that the right word??!!)

I see that the thumbstick on the GP2X is raised slightly, & i have seen microswitches mentioned in other topics so I'm hoping that the GP2X will also have this nice click on the D-pad.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

it is very much like the current GP32 joystick (although it doesn't click) which in my opinion is a damn fine joystick. Never tried a NGP so I can't compare, but Gamepark did make a good joystick last time so why not again?

yeah, i would prefer nice clicky switches, too! in any case, it's a digital stick with switches so it should be like the NGPC's stick and not floaty like a regular analog stick

A lot of people were complaining about the clicky clicky of the original GP32 joysick, so the GP2X joystick is non-clicky, and has twice the resolution as a bonus :)

I always thought the NGPC stick was too stiff...

I'm guessing GPH put in those extra contacts to improve the feel of the stick so all we'll have to worry about is it having too much travel or feeling too loose

whiskthecat posted on Oct 29 2005 at 02:53 PM said:
I have to agree with shiffy you cant beat the ngp joystiq B)

best joysitck ever, perfect for fighting games since my main tactic is jump attack i can do diagnles easily which i found was very difficult when i was playing tony hawk on my brothers psp, i think the next best joystick is the n-gages

Last edited by a moderator:
Whole lotta love posted on Oct 29 2005 at 09:29 PM said:
i think the next best joystick is the n-gages
Yes, it is a very comfortable one.

Last edited by a moderator:
my gp32 still clicks....but it looks like the gp2x's joystick is gonna be good (well it looks good) i just it isnt cursed like the zodiacs analog stick (knock on wood)

I like the idea of this no clicking joystick, I will be able to play around people without driving them insain! or driving my self inasain.

Back