Gp2x Technical Info

abigsmurf

I'm sure someone with much more technical knowledge will be able to gather interesting info from this but it's mostly a bit beyond me (although does this confirm it is based off of a redhat build of linux?) but there's some pics which appear to be technical readouts from the GP2x at http://www.ibiblio.org/paulc/gp2x/

Well they are quite obviously fake. I mean don't people have anything better to do, sad gits.

Actually that's Squidge's site and craigix sent him a broken devkit dealie so it probably isn't fake... but think what you want

Digitalrat posted on Sep 18 2005 at 04:16 PM said:
If they are real, I wonder why GPH uses a 2.4.x-kernel. Oo

Well the DEPSS Devkit really does use 2.4, so I'd say it's likely the final version will too.

Last edited by a moderator:
abigsmurf posted on Sep 18 2005 at 09:57 PM said:
wonder how many noticed the "touch screen controller" XD
That's because it's the MMSP2. It contains loads of things that aren't being used on the gp2x such as touchscreen and video capture.

It's not like they contain any confidential information, so enjoy :)

Do note however, that these are from prototype hardware, and shouldn't be taken as coming from the final product.

I'd be interested to find out how abigsmurf found them though, considering they are not linked from anywhere (that I know of) and my home directory isn't readable.

Tut, tut Squidge, Deny everything, confirm nothing. You wouldn't last 5 minutes in the FBI

It certainly seems like we have a mole somewhere, exposing my top secret intelligence ;)

Reesy, I was going to completely ignore this thread, and just take down the screenshots, but then Hooka decided to stick his foot in it, so I thought sod it :)

Squidge posted on Sep 19 2005 at 07:29 AM said:
It's not like they contain any confidential information, so enjoy :)

Do note however, that these are from prototype hardware, and shouldn't be taken as coming from the final product.

I'd be interested to find out how abigsmurf found them though, considering they are not linked from anywhere (that I know of) and my home directory isn't readable.

Yeah I found it on a /. post

Back