Gp2x Review

Htwo

Still Fresh
GPH Have posted a "Review" of the GP2X on their Korean Site.

The article describes the current state of the GP2X and features photos of the unit in operation as well as comparison shots of the GP2X and other handheld devices.

The review page is available here and a low quality automated translation is available here.

Nand memory? what's this?

nandmemory6dz.png

that does it, im gonna sell my amiga and commodore64+disk drive to get more funds,and strip down my knackered E500 laptop and flog the bits

moz posted on Oct 3 2005 at 11:12 AM said:
that does it, im gonna sell my amiga and commodore64+disk drive to get more funds,and strip down my knackered E500 laptop and flog the bits
No. Don't do that, they are far to precious.
Just rob a granny or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hanz™ posted on Oct 3 2005 at 10:14 AM said:
moz posted on Oct 3 2005 at 11:12 AM said:
No. Don't do that, they are far to precious.
Just rob a granny or something.
a mans got to do what a mans got to do (especially as there taking up loft space and the mrs "says" i cant have anymore gadgets unless either i clear the loft or buy a bigger house)

hmm it looks like the gp2x use the same ext connector as the gp32.
that would be cool, since we can use old gp32 hardware like the chatboard :)

barnesy posted on Oct 3 2005 at 10:17 AM said:
Looks good. I think I'll, er, continue to wait!

The link for the translated article seems wrong by the way. This one should work better.

Thanks.

wow the movies running on the system looks really nice.Guess im comeing back to the scene after the Gpx2 is released

Saido posted on Oct 3 2005 at 01:05 PM said:
It says first edition, does that mean we have to buy new ones over time :/

Think 'First Edition' book ;), the H/W revisions will no doubt change over time but it should stay 100% software compatible for a long time to come :D.

I think it’s more the kudos of owning a 1st edition of the console.

I didn't realise how much the stick sticks out so much... that really is going to make carrying it around a pain.

yaustar posted on Oct 3 2005 at 12:38 PM said:
I didn't realise how much the stick sticks out so much... that really is going to make carrying it around a pain.
That doesn't look too different to the GP32 as far as I can see. Yes, it sticks out, but it still fits inside a case easily, and it'd be daft to not use a case.

looks good! but what's up with the glob of glue or whatever around the buttons thingy.
anyway, can't wait!!

junker posted on Oct 3 2005 at 01:12 PM said:
looks good! but what's up with the glob of glue or whatever around the buttons thingy.
anyway, can't wait!!

Because it isn't in a *case* that would normaly hold in the membranes and buttons ;)

I like how it's not glossy like the PSP, like mentioned here it will be easy to keep free of finger prints. Man, I hate handhelds that come out with buttons on one side like the istation and the Nokia 770, if you're going to make a small handheld like that you might as well put buttons on both sides so it can be hacked to be a game player. I mean I know that's not what they are aimed at, but later on it it's like it could still be useful for something.

Anyway, yeah, 'I can hardly to contain myself' to quote Ren of Ren and Stimpy, which I watched around the time I played SNES, who's memories will come flooding back while playing a SNES emu on my GP2X!

Thanx,
Stan

yeah that translation sucks big time

looking forward to watching some ren and stimpy on the 2x ;)

Back