Gp2x Invaders - Preview Released

Gadget

Hi,

I have released a very early version of 'GP2X Invaders'. It's a retro game, and I want to make sure it's working OK for everyone at this stage, and to try and gauge interest.

The final game will have many enemies, attack types, wave formations, powerups & weapons, as well as secret sectors, more bosses, and mini games.

Please give it a try! The final release may be commercial, but it will be a few weeks yet at least.

Also remember that lots will change (for the better hopefully!)

http://www.c5hosting.co.uk/downloads/GP2XInvadersPreview.zip

If you plan on selling the game, provided you don't want to sell it for more than £5 or £6, contact me when you're ready and I'll arrange something with shop.gp2x.de.

Nice demo :)

Thanks! BTW: Don't press Left and Right Triggers at the same time, unless you want to take a screen shot. It hangs for like 30 seconds.... Then it should recover.

Good Demo, my comments:

Good music
Good presentation, looks very professional
The bullets have to be made a little fatter and change the colour you cant see them.
Maybe take some of the colour out of the planet so its not so vibrant.
Like the Arkonoid type power ups.
Maybe you couls/shou/consider some wacky power up voice overs "youve got tripple", "double shot", "man you should use your shields"
what about some pirotechnics for explosions and have some of the invaders shatter in to little parts...
The arkoniod type power upare are great but they could look a little wacky as well...
Using the shield - does it run out, should it be a 'limited' shield.
Have a space man float by and a save the spaceman mode for extra power ups etc

My randon thoughts...

Just now downloaded this! Looks great and I like the scrolling past the earth thing while playing! :)

Nasty dumb aliens! They blew up my ship! :angry:

Paradox, there's a screenshot in the zip file.

I gave it a quick go, and here's some quick feedback:

1. Make B the main action button, both in game for shooting and for menu selection - it is the most intuitive action button on the GP2X, and most games use it for that purpose. Also, you now use X for menu and A for shooting, choose only one button as to avoid confusion.

2. Make a short buffer between the menu screen and the game start, as it is now the enemies have a go at you before you even let go of menu button.

3. Enable the volume buttons to adjust the volume of the music played, that's a must-have feature due to the lack of the ever-so-practical volume wheel.

I'll post some more once I have a decent go at it, so far it seems like a great start, the more quality homebrew, the better!

- Alex

Paradox posted on Aug 14 2006 at 11:20 AM said:
screenshots please
24o2ixu.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back