Gp2x F-200

NoidZ

Mind the world, need for panic
Website
Visit site
Hiya folks!

I just discovered GPH came with her new console but, since the F-100 only lasts for about 6 hours, I expect the F-200 to drain the battery down in about 2 hours max. Do I get a totally wrong idea of this or is there even a little bit of truth in my way of thinking?

Thanks in advance!

I see no reason to believe your line of thinking. You will have to wait to see what kind of battery life the new GP2X gets but I would guess it is very similar to the current rendition.

PokeParadox said:
Unfounded reasoning... touch screen would do very little to affect the battery duration.
It'd draw so little current i'd go as far to say the touch sensor itself would not affect battery life at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really looking forward to the new machine, but I have to say that I'm REALLY hoping for some improvement in the battery performance, maybe even a rechargeable pack...

®

I thought TouchTechnology was based on like very small buttons under the screen itself. Thinking of that, if you would hold A during a game you sine a function every x amount of time the machine sends it. Then to come back at the touch screen issue, you press allot of small buttons at a time, which also needs to send a command to the machine.

NoidZ said:
I thought TouchTechnology was based on like very small buttons under the screen itself.
You thought wrong. Even if touch screens did use switches, why would that make it use a lot of power? Switches don't actually do anything, they just connect wires. All you are doing in an application is reading the state if the pin the switch is connected to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back