Gp2x Cary Case

Lettuce Dude

Hogarth the hairy Hippo.
Website
Visit site
I was thinking of buying a GP2X carry case instead of using the Gp32 one I got free from Gbax. I wanted to know just how protective they are 'enough for a trip to school in the bottom of my bag?' thanks for any help in advance.

Lettuce Dude posted on Mar 14 2006 at 11:48 AM said:
I was thinking of buying a GP2X carry case instead of using the Gp32 one I got free from Gbax. I wanted to know just how protective they are 'enough for a trip to school in the bottom of my bag?' thanks for any help in advance.

They're very good: nice and solid, like a spectacles case, rather than just a cloth or leather affair. Certainly sufficiently protective for a trip to school in the bottom of your bag.

One word of warning: be careful what you put in the pocket in the lid of the case: it folds down onto the GP's screen and a headphone jack, say, could scratch it.

Last edited by a moderator:
skaboy posted on Mar 14 2006 at 06:53 AM said:
Yod4z posted on Mar 14 2006 at 12:33 PM said:

But the one made specifically for the GP, by Gamepark holdings is the best as it's custom-made. Definitely worth a tenner.

Oh my gosh are you serious? It's not custom made at all. They just slapped a logo on the front. It's not even the right shape. It's shaped for a PSP. You have to kind of squeeze the corners of your GP2X into the thing and edge the zippers around them.

I like it because I think it's kind of funny, and quirky, and semi-bad in that classic Gamepark kind of way, but I'd never call it "the best case for the GP2x". Maybe I'd call it "the most appropriate case". Certainly it's inexpensive and somewhat stiff, if that's what you're after.

Don't get me wrong. Please. I'm serious. I love my GP2X. Part of why I love it is that it's funny. And so's the case.

Sure, the case is funny. Mine has a badge wich looks like it was stuck on by a one-eyed lepper, but the gp2x fits in without any kind of squeezeing. If anything, it rattles around inside a little. I wrap mine in a cleaning cloth to stop this, (and my gp2x, boom boom). :)

Trashman posted on Mar 14 2006 at 08:17 AM said:
Sure, the case is funny. Mine has a badge wich looks like it was stuck on by a one-eyed lepper, but the gp2x fits in without any kind of squeezeing. If anything, it rattles around inside a little. I wrap mine in a cleaning cloth to stop this, (and my gp2x, boom boom). :)

That's really strange. It sounds like we have the same case from what you said about the badge, and the fact that you didn't dispute the shape I described, but my case is a totally incorrect size. Way too narrow. The GP2X only fits inside it if you place it in at a bit of an angle downwards and then, like I said, squeeze the zipper past the corners.

Wonder if they've used different vendors for the cases and just put the same badges on them all or something?

To my mind, the original GP32 case had *much* nicer construction and was obviously taylored.

Sounds like you're having better luck than I am with your GP2X case though.

Small but interesting point you bring up. I wonder how everyone else's GP2X fits in the 'official' case? Anyone?

fishybawb posted on Mar 14 2006 at 01:31 PM said:
I've just ordered an official case along with a PSU. It's true though, the general shoddiness of GPH is part of the charm!
It makes me think of the term ' Like a cheap Japanese watch' but that dosen't work as most stuff that comes out of Japan is top notch stuff. But you get the jist.

taras posted on Mar 14 2006 at 09:16 AM said:
Just get a DS case... lots of choice for levels of protection, cheap, and in your local shop.

I might do that yet. I think it'd make more sense. The way my GP2X fits into the 'official' case it's practically spring-loaded. A little scary. A DS case would at least have square corners and be roughly the right size. I bet DS lite Cases will be even more appropriate if I can find an unbranded one when they come out. That'd be the ticket I bet.

dpaint4 posted on Mar 14 2006 at 02:23 PM said:
To my mind, the original GP32 case had *much* nicer construction and was obviously taylored.
Do you mean the Enware.co.kr case? :huh:

I've never heard of an official GP32 case... :rolleyes:

I use the case that came with this pack, it fits the 2X nicely and is quite stiff so offers decent protection. The rest of the stuff will come in handy when i get my DS Lite :D, it was £9.99 from my local Gamestation.

DS cases are the perfect size, fits my gp2x perfectly and it costed me like 7 bucks.

Talyz posted on Mar 14 2006 at 06:25 PM said:
dpaint4 posted on Mar 14 2006 at 02:23 PM said:
Do you mean the Enware.co.kr case? :huh:

I've never heard of an official GP32 case... :rolleyes:
it is "Entware"
and yes, that is the one he means.

I found the carry case above (http://www.bigben.fr/access.php?id=27) today...
It was the cheapest one. I paid like 9€ for it (10$90, 6£26). The other Psp soft cases were very expensive.
The little beast fit just perfect inside of it and you've got enough spare space for 4 batteries. You just have to bend two small metal pieces that are made for the Psp.
I used a sock before that, nice but not as secure as this one :)

Back