Gp2x Battery Problem

Hyperpc

Website
Visit site
My :gp2x is not working with AA batteries only the power supply. Can some body help?
My portable console is no longer portable

When you say it's not working, do you mean it doesn't turn on? What kind of AA batteries are you using? You need some powerful batteries for the GP2X. 2000mAh+ LiMH batteries work great. Alkaline ones will only give you about five minutes.

Avik said:
When you say it's not working, do you mean it doesn't turn on? What kind of AA batteries are you using? You need some powerful batteries for the GP2X. 2000mAh+ LiMH batteries work great. Alkaline ones will only give you about five minutes.
Energizer 2500mAh it will not turn on

Last edited by a moderator:
Hyperpc said:
markiej said:
Try here - it's a common issue

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=35602&hl=

I am only 15 i cant do all of that stuff I can only build computers, fix most problems to do with computers and fix networks. I am no confidant to open my ;) :gp2x just in case something goes wrong

It's really pretty simple - involves no cutting or soldering. In fact, I can fix mine even without opening the case now. I pulled the annoying rubber AC-port cover off and now I can poke at the back of the AC port through the opening created.

markiej said:
Hyperpc said:
markiej said:
Try here - it's a common issue

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=35602&hl=

I am only 15 i cant do all of that stuff I can only build computers, fix most problems to do with computers and fix networks. I am no confidant to open my ;) :gp2x just in case something goes wrong

It's really pretty simple - involves no cutting or soldering. In fact, I can fix mine even without opening the case now. I pulled the annoying rubber AC-port cover off and now I can poke at the back of the AC port through the opening created.

Thanks I will try because lat time I sent my :gp2x it took soooo looong to come back(I missed it) :p

I have the same problem as well. Batteries do not work, but AC Adapter does. I wasn't able to flick a switch by sticking in a small piece of paper in the hole, so I guess I'll try to open it up later this evening.

Back