Gp2x As A Portable Hackers Tool.

Azalin

What was that? It sounded like a, a sound of some
Website
www.loremaster.a-host.info
Yeah, i've had insomnia for 2 weeks, so my exhausted mind is starting to think up some pretty wierd idea's lately. The most recent one being this one:

-As i was hooking my 2x up to a computer via usb today, i got to thinking "Wow, this thing looks just like something out of a spy movie! Hmm....I wonder if you could use it to hack things...."

Interesting idea, no? Using your 2x's USB connectivity to do illicit things...

Yeah, wierd idea. :blink:

"Ok, now all you have to do is break into his house, and get within 3 feet of his computer, plug the USB cable in, and delete his wallpaper!" Oh, so very dangerous, yet impractical... Without a WiFi device, what can you possibly try to hack without being charged with B&E? Only time I think a portable can be of any use with portable hacking is with WiFi, because shared files and protected connections can be revealed/broken respectively.

subcon959 posted on Dec 16 2006 at 05:27 AM said:
craigix posted on Dec 15 2006 at 06:20 PM said:
You could use it for tone generation to hack PBX exchanges from a phone box.
What a phreaking good idea :p
that was so cheesy, and i absolutely loved it! all we need to do is find atm machines with usb ports, we can hack them like john connor!

Last edited by a moderator:
thejoeandchip posted on Dec 16 2006 at 12:09 AM said:
that was so cheesy, and i absolutely loved it! all we need to do is find atm machines with usb ports, we can hack them like john connor!
He had a card with a ribbon cable on it ('please insert your stolen card now') and he was brute-forcing the PIN. It was a bit before USB's time. ;)

That's just the image the GP2X needs. Imagine the headlines,

"Hacker-friendly handheld gets fraud-ready setup"

:)

- Alex

craigix posted on Dec 15 2006 at 07:20 PM said:
You could use it for tone generation to hack PBX exchanges from a phone box.

Ah, Phreaking! The original cracking! :)

I've actually had the same dream :p
The problem with using the USB is that the GP2X isn't plug and play (ie, you need to install the drivers onto the PC), which means you would already need access to the computer anyway.

Using a USB Wifi or ethernet card would be more of a possibility. Since a lot of the cracking software is already Linux based, porting it should be reasonably trivial.

Kismet on the GP2X would really kick ass :p

I've found myself doing a lot of scouting for WiFi on my DS using DS2Key. It has a nifty packet capture function where you can view the packets' contents on any channel in hex and ASCII on the top display. I suppose the only real obstacle to being serious hacker's tools is lack of a keyboard and perhaps WiFi range (about as wide as a decent notebook WiFi adapter, but it doesn't touch my higher-end equipment like 200mW Senao WLAN bridges.)

Back