Gp2x Arm-linux Toolchain (sdk)

timbobsteve

Hi all,

I have posted a few times regarding this issue in the developers corner (GP2X), but I thought this would be a more appropriate place for this request/thread.

I am a linux user and I have an OK knowledge of linux, but I have not been able to compile a working arm-linux toolchain using any of the crosstool / crosscompile scripts that are on the forums/www.

I was wondering if anyone out there has a working linux toolchain that they can easily make into a tarball and post for other users to download.

As far as I know:
- GPH has not released an SDK of any kind. (Please correct me if I am wrong)
- DevKitGP2X is only released for Windows (ATM)
- No One has posted a toolchain for linux by itself (andGP2X has a toolchain included in it, but it is CoLinux/Windows based)

I would much rather prefer a linux toolkit and hopefully, when I do find one, I can include it in my GP2X Linux Disto (working Title GP2niX)

If anyone can help, be it Information on CrossCompiling my own toolchain or linking me to a working Linux toolchain, I would be most appreciative.

NOTE: I have tried using CrossTool to make my own toolchain, but I have not got it to work for me.

NOTE 2: I know that the ftp.gp32spain.com/Programacion/GP2X/arm-tools.tar.gz is supposedly the leaked version of the GPH toolkit.... can someone confirm this and also confirm its usablility as a development toolchain? Thanks.

timbobsteve posted on Dec 16 2005 at 04:54 PM said:
NOTE 2: I know that the ftp.gp32spain.com/Programacion/GP2X/arm-tools.tar.gz is supposedly the leaked version of the GPH toolkit.... can someone confirm this and also confirm its usablility as a development toolchain? Thanks.

Works fine. I've used it for my releases.

Information at http://wiki.gp2x.org/index.php/GPH_SDK

Last edited by a moderator:
lol kind of an older topic.. but I have the same problem though. Cannot compile any gp2x stuff on linux.

There's a lot of preconfigured packs in the archive that are for windows. Some stuff might work for linux (I think), but there's no documentation in the wiki, the archive, or the file itself.

For example:
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/SDK2x

If I'm missing some information, please point it out to me because last time I checked with my doctor I was not too stupid to figure this out. But please, someone elaborate on the linux pathway! :)

-edit-

Open2x toolchain.. is that independent from Open2x firmware? Can I use the toolchain for making original firmware compatible apps?
(Because I ignored it assuming it was for Open2x firmware.)

Redsandro said:
Open2x toolchain.. is that independent from Open2x firmware? Can I use the toolchain for making original firmware compatible apps?
(Because I ignored it assuming it was for Open2x firmware.)
Yes, it's independent. No, you can't make firmware-compatible things (e.g. kernel modules etc.) with it, because it uses a different version of glibc and a different version of gcc, but you can program any user-space apps with it perfectly. So for most games, etc., there's no problem at all. Just don't try to make a USB module for the GP2X kernel with it. I use it for all my projects.

Download on a linux machine, extract (it goes into /opt/open2x), change your compiler/library/include paths in Makefiles etc. and it all works. I haven't had a problem with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back